Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker...Ivey Vs. Booth

[ QUOTE ]
I met Brad a year and a half ago in Vegas, and if I recall carrectly, he said that he was friends with Ivey and that he used Ivey's old cell phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard the same actually, that's why I assumed they had played together previously. Do you think they were playing with eachothers money ? And they had planned to run such a play/bluff for metagame purposes? That enormous bluff is going to pay huge dividends for Booth in the future. Thoughts?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:30 AM

Could Ivey be putting brad into the game? And Brad taking advantage of the situation to bluff Ivey?

Maybe that's crazy, but this was my thought when i saw (iirc) Ivey fold a flush draw on the flop to david williams in a weird spot.

Maybe I just tend to believe that Ivey is staking everyone.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could Ivey be putting brad into the game? And Brad taking advantage of the situation to bluff Ivey?

Maybe that's crazy, but this was my thought when i saw (iirc) Ivey fold a flush draw on the flop to david williams in a weird spot.

Maybe I just tend to believe that Ivey is staking everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't quote me plz.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:58 AM

From my personal experience talking to Brad and from what I've gathered from very good friends of his, the chances of Brad doing anything unethical are about as slim as they can be for a poker player.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I laugh and call really quick against Brad, from my experience against him online he's just a moran.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I'm just lurking here because I have no right to post about hands at this level. I must write, though, if you are going to call someone a moron, you should at least spell it correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol u moran
Old 04-09-2007, 08:31 PM

if it is true that Ivey has very little experience playing with Booth, then I find no problem with this laydown. I tend to give more credit to a player who I know very little about. P.S. Whoever said stack size (how deep) wasnt one of the main reasons for this laydown is crazy. I believe Ivey would have insta called 200bbs or less (120k) but the raise was close to 300k 500bbs, and I believe due to the fact of very little experience with booth and the amount of the raise led to this fold.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:35 PM

you guys should be talking about the fact that Phil Ivey played this hand horribly. Many, many times, people limp reraise with AK to 40K with AK. Ivey can pretty much disregard David Williams original raise (if he was afraid of a 5-bet AA). Phil should have pumped it up to AT LEAST 35K, which would make this hand so much easier to play. 35K and he's barely getting set odds now.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it is true that Ivey has very little experience playing with Booth, then I find no problem with this laydown.

[/ QUOTE ]

What Brad said about the hand:

-- He wanted to make a statement, showing the world he could play with the best of the best.

-- He and Phil had never played a single hand together. He thought that Phil thought of him as a businessman.

-- He deliberately paused for a while before calling pre-flop to plant in Phil head that he may have a huge hand himself. (AA)

-- Was trying to represent either AA or flopped set

-- Knew that Phil couldn't afford to make a bad call on TV since he's known the 'best player in the world'. (eg. shoving for your whole stack > calling off your whole stack if you're beat)

-- When David Benyamine leaned back so Phil could see him, his heart was POUNDING and he said he gave off several tells. (played with his goatee, chips, etc.)

-- Was praying that Phil didn't put him (the donkey businessman) on QQ and call

-- After the hand they broke for lunch and Phil asked him what he said. He claimed 42s and Phil told him that he was sick.

-- Emphasized that claiming 42s is different than showing 42s. (for obv reasons)

-- Said that when Phil called Barry, Barry interrupted Phil three quarters of the way into his story and told him to insta-call.

-- Was very glad Phil layed the hand down, even though he "knew the five was coming"
Old 04-11-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you were on HSP4 and the same action played out, would you call the 2nd time around with KK? Keep in mind that he knows you saw HSP3...

[/ QUOTE ]

he knows you know so he knows that you know and he knows finally that you know so you should just say F IT its brad booth and i have a pair i call

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 200nl and have no opinion on the hand. But this is just perfect lol. nh.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Knew that Phil couldn't afford to make a bad call on TV since he's known the 'best player in the world

[/ QUOTE ]

lol