Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 09:23 AM

Default Re: 44 Beers in 12 Hours?

[ QUOTE ]
How big is a beer.

I reckon 44 pots (285ml, standard from the tap in Aus) could be done.

Youll be bloody [censored] faced though.

Im interested in how you came up with 44??

Theres a famous record in Australian sports folklore, where David Boon (Test cricket great), sank 55 VB cans on the plane from London to Sydney. Thats considered untouchable. This would be a good effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) It was actually 52 beers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Boon)

2) It was from Sydney to London. He arrived and was carried off on a stretcher.

Former Australian PM Bob Hawke holds another beer drinking record - I think it is fastest consumption of a yard glass. I bet Bush/Clinton/Bush/Reagan don't hold any world drinking records.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a pretty sweet deal. I'm suprised they'd advertise a deal like that. I figured it would make every alcoholic in town come there every night.

[/ QUOTE ]

An even better deal was Daytona Beach in late 70's...most clubs there offered free drinks ( as much as requested) as a happy hour deal at different times of the day. Of course we planned our evenings to start in sequence with these times and rarely paid for drinks, but tipped very heavy lol.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:15 AM

Hey, Im the person attempting this stunt, and I do believe it's doable. Im not sure i'll succeed but Im certain theres a chance of me succeeding. I also think that the throwing up can be limited to 4 times over the entire haul. 30 beers can be done in a hour it's happened(not by me)...i'm not a big kid, but I can hold my alchole and over the span of 12 hours I think 44 is a good challenging number that can cause some hype and hoopla. If I don't succeed it's all in good fun
Old 06-21-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, Im the person attempting this stunt, and I do believe it's doable. Im not sure i'll succeed but Im certain theres a chance of me succeeding. I also think that the throwing up can be limited to 4 times over the entire haul. 30 beers can be done in a hour it's happened(not by me)...i'm not a big kid, but I can hold my alchole and over the span of 12 hours I think 44 is a good challenging number that can cause some hype and hoopla. If I don't succeed it's all in good fun

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm that this is indeed my friend who will be attempting the stunt this weekend, he is not an imposter. So feel free to crush his spirits and tell him he can't pull it off.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:02 PM

If you succeed there's a great chance of coma or death. If you don't succeed there's still a great chance of coma or death.

The best case scenario is a raging hangover and severe vomiting as you attempt this ridiculous stunt. Never risk your life over some stupid bet.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:57 PM

mak15,

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to puke after every four beers or every six beers.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gout definitely sucks, my dad has had serious bouts with it in the past. However I've never heard of anyone young getting it from drinking too much, and I definitely did my share of that in college (despite what others may say...)

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Former co-worker of mine, who was a fairly heavy drinker but otherwise in good health/shape, got gout a couple of times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did he work with you at BP?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
30 beers can be done in a hour it's happened(not by me).

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, what? 30 in one hour? I'm going to say this is flat-out impossible without puking, and I'd be pretty skeptical even with throwing up.

30 12oz beers (12oz = 355mL for you aussies) is almost 3 gallons of beer. You couldn't drink that much water, much less that much of a carbonated beverage, much less a carbonated, alcoholic beverage.

Time to move out of the frat house and into the real world.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:33 PM

I've seen it live. Maybe they weren't all 12 ounces but however big a Red Cup (I believe they are 12 ounces) is then I've seen my friend in action do it. With that being said, he puked over 5 times in little over an hour. If your puking and you can easily chug, you can definitely drink 30 beers. Now keeping it in is a whole other story. You underestimate the power of drinking and puking when it comes to beer. First thing, you don't keep in all the alcohol, second of all, your next wind you can usually drink slightly more.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen it live. Maybe they weren't all 12 ounces but however big a Red Cup (I believe they are 12 ounces) is then I've seen my friend in action do it. With that being said, he puked over 5 times in little over an hour. If your puking and you can easily chug, you can definitely drink 30 beers. Now keeping it in is a whole other story. You underestimate the power of drinking and puking when it comes to beer. First thing, you don't keep in all the alcohol, second of all, your next wind you can usually drink slightly more.

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad 20 beers in one hour is enough to kill a 300 pound man. i guess the real mystery is why you would invent a post like this about someone else?