Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Would a shorstack boycott on PS work?

btw, i havent seen any fish at PS buying in short in a long time.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all these threads do is advertise shortstacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only thing that seems thoroughly true from the perspective of an objective outsider. I am more intrigued by shortstackers each time a new thread on the subject appears.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:09 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

I bet you guys are really wishing you kept your mouths shut, then it would just me socutsie littlezen and I getting rich off you crybabies
Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mentioned this before but nobody answered. It seems most stars 25/50 games are full ring. Wouldn't adding more 6max games help.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Shortstacking's probably more profitable at 6-max if you're actually good at it... although I'm not that familiar with how the higher stakes FR games play, so I could be off on that.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:30 AM

I am really surprised to see so many good players being that aggressive against shortstacks.
I love to play deep. However you gotta realize that the deeper the stack the better the player 99% of the time.

The way to optimize your winnings is let the fishes play the way they like. The more they like it the more they play. And you'll get the $ eventually anyway. Ok there'll be a bit more rake but common you won't get a shorstack at 10/20 play with a full buy in at 10 20.
Losing shortstacks very often believe that playing with 400 on 10/20 is just more fun but comparable to playing 2/4 full buy in. You would not get him play 10/20 full stack.

"Good" players who don't like short stacks are usually not that good. They get used to one way of playing. Being good is more about adapting your play. And most of the time playing shortstacks with a big edge is a way better deal in the long run than playing a good player full stack.

If you boycott shortstacks go play them 3 limits below full stack. Have fun. Oh and what about a thread dealing about why we should prevent lower limits players usually on tilt to take a shot at higher limits when they are shortstacks because they are ruining the games ? You guys really seem not to realize where the money is coming from.

Edit : I never play 9 handed. Maybe it is more of a pb in 9 handed games. But why so many 9 handed tables on stars anyway ?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:31 AM

im not really sure who or what to apply this to, but the more i read high stakes NL forum, and threads like these, the more im convinced everyone is an idiot. this sucks, the forum is turning to shlt.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all these threads do is advertise shortstacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only thing that seems thoroughly true from the perspective of an objective outsider. I am more intrigued by shortstackers each time a new thread on the subject appears.

[/ QUOTE ]

As Shane just pointed out,this whole S/S issue is really just feeding upon itself,the more the regulars complain about it.
OBVIOUSLY ,there must be some method to their madness(the short stackers ),for all this sudden interest to arise !
Old 05-09-2007, 06:15 AM

In short, no.

Massive petitioning is the only way forward !
Old 05-09-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who are all the people posting in this thread that i have never seen in hsnl before? is there a short stacking newsletter or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your in it right now.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In short, no.

Massive petitioning is the only way forward !

[/ QUOTE ]

So we can expect you to take the lead and be the first to sit out and stay out of a profitable game when there is a shortstacker?

I would love for all the 2p2 regulars to sit out hahaha then i will go full stack hahaaa