Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Who Needs Laid? (longest hookup drought)

Honestly, I think most people that say they value sex more than other guys are just making excuses. I guess there could be a few exceptions, but I know I used to use this excuse 6-8 years ago when I was more socially awkward. Now that I have some confidence I get laid a lot, but sex with someone I care about is still very different.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you guys get any sweet BOMA from the waitresses/bartenders?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha wp.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I think most people that say they value sex more than other guys are just making excuses. I guess there could be a few exceptions, but I know I used to use this excuse 6-8 years ago when I was more socially awkward. Now that I have some confidence I get laid a lot, but sex with someone I care about is still very different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding. This "I cherish sex too much to have casual sex" thing sounds a lot like "I'm a virgin or close to it and am afraid of women/pussy" to me.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:43 PM

huge difference between crush and someone I'd like to sleep with, I'd like to sleep with 90% of young thin girls but few would I actually have the potential to have a crush on.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding. This "I cherish sex too much to have casual sex" thing sounds a lot like "I'm a virgin or close to it and am afraid of women/pussy" to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

this might be the case for some, but not all (obviously)...i know a lot of guys that are not virgins that wait a while before sleeping with their girlfriends because they want to make sure its someone worth doing it with...
Old 07-10-2007, 06:26 PM

To all the 'haven't been laid in x amount of years' crowd, are you guys actually doing things to rectify the situation? And I'm not talking about doing PUA crap or picking up sloots in bars.

I just got out of a two year relationship. The girl I was with I met at a cooking class. Out of 20 people in the class, 17 were girls, at least 10 of those were single and 5 of them were really cute. Two of the three guys in the class ended up dating a girl from there.

I initially signed up for the class cause I was tired of eating junk food every day. I was pretty worthless in the kitchen and I figured it wouldn't hurt to learn a thing or two about cooking. I also learned that cooking lessons is a great way to meet some real nice girls.

A friend of mine met his current GF of 3 years while taking Spanish lessons.

So takes chances, join groups or activities and you never know who or what you'll end up getting in the process.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To all the 'haven't been laid in x amount of years' crowd, are you guys actually doing things to rectify the situation? And I'm not talking about doing PUA crap or picking up sloots in bars.

I just got out of a two year relationship. The girl I was with I met at a cooking class. Out of 20 people in the class, 17 were girls, at least 10 of those were single and 5 of them were really cute. Two of the three guys in the class ended up dating a girl from there.

I initially signed up for the class cause I was tired of eating junk food every day. I was pretty worthless in the kitchen and I figured it wouldn't hurt to learn a thing or two about cooking. I also learned that cooking lessons is a great way to meet some real nice girls.

So takes chances, join groups or activities and you never know who or what you'll end up getting in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the idea. I like cooking and am fairly good, but have never been formally trained outside my mom's kitchen. I always hate the fact that chicks can't cook these days, so this is a great way to improve my skills while meeting nice girls that are at least willing to cook. I'll have to look up a class when I get a chance. No lose situation.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:46 PM

I read a third of this thread, too depressed to read the rest.

People who are 22 year old virgins, etc, saying they have a 22 year old drought going are morons. However, if someone wants to make a case that having your entire head inside a vagina is "getting laid," the floor is yours.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See the problem here is what if you don't care about cooking or Spanish? If I joined a club, it would be a chess club, or a math club. These are places where the non-hideous girl population is pretty much zero (within epsilon, anyway). And I'm not going to join a club I'm not interested in just for the small chance of meeting women. Hence the long drought.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See the problem here is what if you don't care about cooking or Spanish? If I joined a club, it would be a chess club, or a math club. These are places where the non-hideous girl population is pretty much zero (within epsilon, anyway). And I'm not going to join a club I'm not interested in just for the small chance of meeting women. Hence the long drought.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you dont want to broaden your horizons about things, you have no room to bitch when you end up alone. Im not suggesting that you do so because you will meet chicks, Im saying to do so becuase it will make your life better.