Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Ask me what its like to be better than 99 percent of Madden player

Didn't MTV have a "True Life" episode called "I'm a professional gamer" ? They had some kid who was so good at madden that EA Sports hired him to test future madden games. Also on youtube search for "Madden tips" and you'll find some awesome tips from the highest ranked madden pros.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

While having earned over 600k in the last 3 years in poker might not be all that much compared to some people on 2+2, it's still pretty amazing being 23 and having that kind of money. It's also amazing having a good amount of close friends and some girls here and there as well. My life def does not suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
If all of the above is true and you feel the need to tell the world you're better at Madden than 99% of the players out there, then yes, your life really does suck.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

While having earned over 600k in the last 3 years in poker might not be all that much compared to some people on 2+2, it's still pretty amazing being 23 and having that kind of money. It's also amazing having a good amount of close friends and some girls here and there as well. My life def does not suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
If all of the above is true and you feel the need to tell the world you're better at Madden than 99% of the players out there, then yes, your life really does suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think I care about 2+2? I just post here during my downtime.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:09 AM

what's the best overall defensing scheme/play that covers both the run and quick passes. Also why can I not create a session
Old 09-04-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't MTV have a "True Life" episode called "I'm a professional gamer" ? They had some kid who was so good at madden that EA Sports hired him to test future madden games. Also on youtube search for "Madden tips" and you'll find some awesome tips from the highest ranked madden pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thankfully I make enough money I don't need to try and become a professional Madden gamer to support myself. I play madden because it's fun, not because it's my job.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what's the best overall defensing scheme/play that covers both the run and quick passes.

[/ QUOTE ]

46 defense, 2 man under, putting both safteys into hook zones (and moving the deep saftey down and to the left, and moving the saftey who is at the line of scrimmage a little more right than he already is, as well as dropping one of the DT's into a hook zone so you basacally have man to man coverage with 3 hook zones across the field). Mix in some bump and run/and move the dline/lb's to the strong sides of the formation. You can also bump and run and then manually move your cb's back in order to mess up the timing of the quick passes even further.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:17 AM

What is this jetpack you speak of?
You mentioned that you rarely run, what % of your offense is running plays? Does the AI still fall for PA pass even though you rarely run?
Did you ever incorporate what most NFL fans would consider a normal offense (combo of running and passing game)?
Are all upper echelon online Madden players pass happy like yourself?
Old 09-04-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think I care about 2+2? I just post here during my downtime.

[/ QUOTE ]
So starting an ask me about my Madden awesomeness thread means you don 't care? Suuuuuuure.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is this jetpack you speak of?
You mentioned that you rarely run, what % of your offense is running plays? Does the AI still fall for PA pass even though you rarely run?
Did you ever incorporate what most NFL fans would consider a normal offense (combo of running and passing game)?
Are all upper echelon online Madden players pass happy like yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't say how to jetpack on this thread as everyone will start abusing it. It is already getting abused as is by the few people who know it. Trust me within 3 months everyone will know how to jetpack, but i'd rather not expose it as it is so cheap as is.

Everyone has different styles. If you run out of running formations (2 wr's or less) playaction is one of the best weapons you can use.

I have used the "normal" offense in mostly every year of madden. However there are a good amount of "nanos" ie. blitzes which get there within a 1-2 seconds in this years madden where I now have to use shotgun. Using shotgun form allows me to have an extra 1-2 seconds to pass the ball which is huge. Most top players have switched from running "running formations" to shotgun because of the nanons in 2008.

By using shotgun no one can blitz me constantly because I have enough time to find the open man and it forces players to rush 2-3 guys only (unless they are really smart and drop everyone into coverage except for a spy) and have to play zone coverage. Anyone who blitzes me/plays man to man coverage is going to get crushed and they usually figure this out within 1 drive. The best chance people have vs me is playing zone and dropping 10 guys in coverage and using the 11th guy as a spy but most people don't do this, instead they rush 2-3 guys and leave no spy.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:33 AM

1) i hate sports games, almost never play video games and still read this whole thread.

2) is there a decent amount of money to be made playing these games? online, is it possible to bet on them?