Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Help me gain 10-15 lbs of muscle by July.

[ QUOTE ]
FTR I was reading Dan Duchaine six years ago. I'm fully aware of all the common knowledge that is readily available to anyone who can use google and a little discretion in what is and what isn't credible. I want to take this time to point our EricW doing the above and chiming in to this thread with big scientific words that make his previous posts seem like he went from rank amatuer to Mr. Anabolic science in one mouse click on Tnation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I clearly pointed out a few things. For example, your claims about using 25 reps for "strength" are clearly wrong.

Also, you were talkiing about generating new muscle fibres etc and that's wrong as well too.

Oh and also, it's funny how you're making fun of "science" and "big words" when words such as hypertrophy aren't really "big words" at all.

And finally, your workouts suck. 17 sets for biceps? This guy isn't running a gram of test/week.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TxRedMan,

Its late. Let me see if I can wade through your remarks one by one.

1) You say "LMAO" that andro was close to steroids. You are correct. Maybe I shouldn't have said "andro" but other things like "andro". Since most of these are test precursors. Again I'm familiar with Biotest supplements moreso than other brands and with the people I've talked to who used their flagship MAG-10. They said it was similar to a mid-level (half gram) of deca and that some put on ~15 lbs in 8 weeks. I personally took their 4-AD stuff, which is probably like a low dosage cycle of Winny-V or Anavar though I've take neither and am just comparing. Your comments again are childish and derisive, and you show little knowledge of the subject.

2) High level pros get geeked outta their minds and weigh ~250 - ~280 shredded to the bone. So? These guys are one juice almost all the time (Some do take time off, and it becomes immediately noteworthy in bodybuilding cycles). Again you make a basic mistake of thinking weight gain is linear. For the same reasons you recommend that a beginner does a different workout for improving his vertical leap than an advanced lifter. Beginners are able to gain mass/strength faster. This is common knowledge and no one refutes this. Especially give that OP has a frame to handle additional mass easily 15 pounds of LBM would be nothing in 6 months with good diet and exercise. (Note: On my small frame I'm looking to add ~10lbs of LBM over 3 months and cut fat during that period. I'm also using supplements and coming back from a fairly long layoff/injury. I'm more or less there for mass and working on stripping some fat off. I'm sure we can find another dozen people who have similar experiences)

3) You again make comments without regards to genetics. There are a handful of people on the planet that can be Jay Cutler. Ronnie Coleman is around my height with around 120 more lbs of LBM and about 10 less of fat. I or anyone else on the planet couldn't look like that no matter what we did. Again you are making a rookie trainer mistake, and a pretty huge logical fallacy to boot.

4) You make a comment most bodybuilders gain mass in their first few years. This confuses me as it goes against exactly what you said earlier. OP is not even a bodybuilder. He's a guy we picked up out of a chair. He's a skinny fat guy who is underweight and has a huge frame. There's guys who carry 350 with lower BF% on his size frame. We're just trying to get him not as fat and to 200. Easily doable.

5) You say dudes blow up on juice cause of water. I know personally several guys who juiced and were on a little cocktail and didn't retain water at all. You do realize there are different types of steroids with different androgenic and anabolic properties. More heavily androgenic ones (Anadrol) will cause greater water retention. Heavily anabolic (Winny-V) steroids will not. I suggest reading some stuff by Dan Duchaine. It might help your understanding of the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

FTR I was reading Dan Duchaine six years ago. I'm fully aware of all the common knowledge that is readily available to anyone who can use google and a little discretion in what is and what isn't credible. I want to take this time to point our EricW doing the above and chiming in to this thread with big scientific words that make his previous posts seem like he went from rank amatuer to Mr. Anabolic science in one mouse click on Tnation.

You keep saying I'm making false statements, but you fail to quote where I said them. You say I contradict myself, but you take the contradiction out of context.

e.g. would hypothetically be

"it's impossible to gain 15 LBS of true muscle tissue in 5 months"

when the context would read something like

[ QUOTE ]
without the correct genetics and the proper training and nutritional regimen it's impossible to gain 15 LBS of true muscle tissue in 5 months

[/ QUOTE ]

the above is just an example, but i'm highlighting the fact that you ARE OUT RIGHT putting words in my mouth, exaggerating what I have said, and finding contradictions that are out of context.

given the nature of OOT, i'm sure that if your claims against me were solid, i would have a slew of posters and flamers chiming in to verify that i'm full of [censored] and your claims against me were correct, but, for anyone who has followed this thread, it's pretty obvious that i'm not saying the things you are accusing me of, and that while i've agreed with you in the past somehow you're taking my stance on a few subjects within the whole of weight training and muscle growth and using those opinions to discredit me entirely, which, is a contradiction in itself since i've agreed with what you've said in the past.

never did i say weight gaining was linear.

and you never addressed my question about your comment "conjugated something something", where conjugated was have been mistaken for some other word.

you mention ronnie coleman. hmmm...have you ever met ronnie? do you know his training partners? have you ever seen him lift in metroflex? have you ever stood up next to him? do you know the same guys he knows? i do. i've stood next to ronnie, and fwiw he's 5'9. i believe he is listed as 6' or 5'11 routinely, which he isn't. you can thank joe weider for embelishing height and weight.

LOL @ you for mentioning ronnie. also, he doesn't weight 280 come show time, and LMAO if you believe ANY of the weights listed for top bodybuilders are actually legit.

also, i never said 'dudes blow up on juice b/c of water'

i did say that a lot of the weight gained by most individuals who use AS is water weight.

listen rookie, i've been there done that and have a tee shirt. i've got about 30 PM's in my inbox from guys asking for advice that i'm happy to give, b/c i wish i knew now what i didn't know ten years ago.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion. personally, i think it's laughable that you would discourage a beginner (esp. in a lift like squats) from doing a high rep workout for the first six weeks.

look, enough of all this. i'm not a genetic freak. when i started lifting weights i was in eigth grade and could bench press 135 pounds. i was bench pressing 305 at a body weight of 195 when i was a junior in high school, and was still natural. i started juicing when i was 18 and got my initial education from elite fitness. my handle on their was billybadass if you want to look me up. i went from a 305 bench to a 495 LB bench (raw) and gained 85 pounds in three years, and had 19.75 inch arms. i never juiced nearly as hard as most guys did. i am a proponent of the fact that you gain muscle by the ounce, not by the pound, and i reccomend low dosage cycles for longer periods of time as opposed to slamming 1.5 g's /wk for 6 weeks like some of these guys reccomend.

i'm only offering advice that i found to work for myself and those around me, and it won't work for everyone, but it will work for most. i can promise you that if we took two people of the exact same genetics and abilities and you could train them for three months and so could i, i'd have them in better shape than you.

if nothing else, this thread has made my recent workouts more intense and had fueled me to really tear it up in the gym, so when i post my update i can post pics that will show how i went from one end of the spectrum to the other in a years time using my knowledge of nutrition and weight training.

[/ QUOTE ]

As well, I think you have the wrong guy or you're mixing my posts up with someone else's. I don't recall talking about ronnie, gaining a certain amount of mass in x months, and I never discouraged a beginner to use higher reps.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:11 PM

um...my suggestion, eat more food
Old 02-08-2007, 12:14 PM

man thats horrible advice