Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: NETELLER: TONIGHT LAST CHANCE TO WITHDRAW TO ATM

[ QUOTE ]

Stars will Fedex a check over $1k or for a $25 fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the check is over a certain amount ($1500 I think) Stars will send it by courier for free. I did this last week and got it in like 3 days
Old 01-27-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here's some conjecture for you from the glass-is-half-empty camp...

what if ...US Dept. of Justice as part of their money laundering case against the two former NT execs, orders all US banks to immediately cease dealing with neteller (seems to have happened as of today), and seizes all funds of US citizens still in the neteller system, as part of the investigation, since they were illegal gambling monies (they have already been subpoenaing US banks regarding financial records of their customers' dealings with NT)

time for a coup-de-tat

[/ QUOTE ]

BAN IT
Old 01-27-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stars will Fedex a check over $1k or for a $25 fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the check is over a certain amount ($1500 I think) Stars will send it by courier for free. I did this last week and got it in like 3 days

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose I was unclear. I meant they will send a Fedex check for $1000 or for a $25 fee if under $1000.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, question for someone that has done this or would know...

I have money on my US neteller card. Assuming the debit card would work in the US, would I be able to take Canadian money out of an ATM from my US neteller account? I am in Canada right now. Does anyone know of an ATM to try?

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone answered one part of this already.

Are there any Canadian players who know what ATMs can be used for Neteller? I tried googling Star and Pulse, but didn't come up with anything. FWIW, I'm staying in Kingston, Ontario.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think star and pulse are primarily US so you may need to request a new Blue card for internationals [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] probably not a good time to be doing that now.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:07 AM

I can confirm at 12:45am cst on the 27th, I was able to load my ATM card with 905.50 (5.50 was neteller and atm fees). I then drove to the ATM and withdrew $700, tried to take the whole $900 but apparently that exceeded the ATM limit for that machine. I am a U.S. citizen, although not very proud of it at the moment.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have money on my US neteller card. Assuming the debit card would work in the US, would I be able to take Canadian money out of an ATM from my US neteller account? I am in Canada right now. Does anyone know of an ATM to try?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there any Canadian players who know what ATMs can be used for Neteller? I tried googling Star and Pulse, but didn't come up with anything. FWIW, I'm staying in Kingston, Ontario.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think star and pulse are primarily US so you may need to request a new Blue card for internationals [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] probably not a good time to be doing that now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Trip Report:

My US Neteller card worked at the first ATM I tried at a local 7-11 in Canada. The machine limit was 800CAD, so I took out 800CAD and then 300CAD. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fees.

Checking balance now to see how anally raped I got in the exchange...
Old 01-27-2007, 03:30 AM

Anal Rapage Report:

**NOT BAD AT ALL**

XE.com has the exchange rate at 1.17960

Neteller gave me 1.1770

The ATM fee was $2.00

So, it basically cost $2.0x to get my money out here (minus the fee to load the card and the conversion back to USD when I go home, of course).
Old 01-27-2007, 03:52 AM

Our House, does that include the 1.9% fee neteller charges on top of the exchange rate? I think they give the best exchange rate and then charge 1.9% on top of it.

You shouldn't feel bad about getting raped by the CAD exchange... because I am in New Zealand I have to get raped to convert from USD to CAD and then I also get raped again converting from CAD to NZD. Let's not forget the ATM fees from both neteller and the ATMs in New Zealand. That doesn't even include the fees to load the card and transfer money from member to member! ahhhh
Old 01-27-2007, 03:55 AM

and how the hell did my avatar get to be a roll of film.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Trip Report:

My US Neteller card worked at the first ATM I tried at a local 7-11 in Canada. The machine limit was 800CAD, so I took out 800CAD and then 300CAD. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fees.

Checking balance now to see how anally raped I got in the exchange...

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this mean that the neteller card will continue to work for Americans if they use it to withraw on foriegn ATM's?

I am close to Mexico ... don't really like the idea of pulling out a sh#t ton of pesos but if I have too so be it.