Old 03-28-2006, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Cheating Poll:

And one more post to light the flame. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please be honest:

[/ QUOTE ]

So far the poll is 10-3 in favor of honest people. That is too funny. If you wake up in the morning and open up your favorite poker site only to realize that you can now see your opponents hole cards you would stop playing? 80 percent of you would report this to the poker site and not take advantage? give me a break.

I am amazed to be surrounded by such high character POKER players.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:55 PM

I would say that I would never cheat -- according to what my definition of "cheating" is.

However, from reading some of the replies, something that I do regularly it sounds like some disapprove of -- that being the "more than one person to a hand" rule.

Example: my girlfriend is learning how to play poker since she sees how much time I put into it. She's playing on the small $100 buy-in NL tables ... but with me sitting next to her (not at the virtual table, but in real life) while she is playing, and I will offer advice and comment while she's playing.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please be honest:

[/ QUOTE ]

So far the poll is 10-3 in favor of honest people. That is too funny. If you wake up in the morning and open up your favorite poker site only to realize that you can now see your opponents hole cards you would stop playing? 80 percent of you would report this to the poker site and not take advantage? give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just quote SW's wisdom:

[ QUOTE ]
This is an example of the well-known aphorism that liars and cheaters are incapable of believing that anyone else is honest.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-28-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Example: my girlfriend is learning how to play poker since she sees how much time I put into it. She's playing on the small $100 buy-in NL tables ... but with me sitting next to her (not at the virtual table, but in real life) while she is playing, and I will offer advice and comment while she's playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

In mid-hand or not? In any case, this seems fine to me. If it's live and someone objected I'd stop out of courtesy. I know cheating when I see it, and this isn't it.

I consider it cheating when one player has an edge that I can not overcome with legit play. You could argue that two good players playing the same hand can think better than just one of me. But in your case, you might as well be just one player.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know this thread sucks and was a huge waste of my time.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please be honest:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just quote SW's wisdom:

[ QUOTE ]
This is an example of the well-known aphorism that liars and cheaters are incapable of believing that anyone else is honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

leader, i was just looking for this post to quote as well.

i agree 100% with stellar
Old 03-28-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the classic "cheaters never prosper." That would have really gotten me.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please be honest:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, is that cheating? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Look, the question is, have you ever cheated, not are there any conceivable circumstances, no matter how unlikely, in which you would cheat.

Personally, I don't think I would ever cheat except in the rather extreme case that I suddenly gained the power to know everybody else's hole cards. And then I would just be come a very very rich man.

There, you have my ethical mettle. I would, indeed, cheat if the impossible happens and I gain psychic powers. Ah well, willing to cheat and cheating are obviously morally equivalent.

--Zetack
Old 03-28-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In mid-hand or not? In any case, this seems fine to me. If it's live and someone objected I'd stop out of courtesy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Live I'm 100% down with 1-player-per-hand no exceptions.

This is strictly online. While ultimately the decision as to what she will do is up to her (she controls the mouse in this games) I will sometimes -- yes, even during the hand -- so that I think she should call / fold / raise / whatever and then explain why.

Glad to see that only 1 person finds that cheating -- if that person would say why they believe it it, I would be eager to hear the explanation.