Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Muslim\'s are NUTS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Less than 0.01% of Muslims are terrorists. Ditto for the rest of your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you just making numbers up becuase .01% is not correct it is more like 10 to 20 times that much, and when talking about 1.2 billion people worldwide, that is a lot of people. its estimated that 65% of muslims (arab and non-arab) polled want a strict application of Sharia Law also, and imo for the muslim women of society that is going to spread some terror.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously think there are more than one million terrorists in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont need to be a suicide bomber to be a terrorist.

You can look at this poll:

http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?ReportID=248

or any of the polls provided in this thread, take a look at how many support suicide bombers/violence against civilians, and extrapolate how many people you think are terrorists. Your pulled out of thin air number of .01% is super [censored] up pal.

here is an even more damning poll:

The point is, if anyone would spend any time doing any in depth research, or read the documents that these people are so adamant about, a lot of people would be changing their tune.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so perhaps I was being extreme when I said they all were. This poll seems to clarify that at least 25% on average are. The moment someone even once votes sometimes or rarely in a poll questioning whether they are in support of blowing up innocent individuals (taking away THEIR LIVES) in the name of someone they don't konw exists they should be treated like they are batshit insane. So anybody in support of suicide bombings is a firstclass nutjob and I dare you to disagree.

Another question would be whether those who voted Never in the poll empathize with those that voted sometimes/rarely.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Less than 0.01% of Muslims are terrorists. Ditto for the rest of your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you just making numbers up becuase .01% is not correct it is more like 10 to 20 times that much, and when talking about 1.2 billion people worldwide, that is a lot of people. its estimated that 65% of muslims (arab and non-arab) polled want a strict application of Sharia Law also, and imo for the muslim women of society that is going to spread some terror.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously think there are more than one million terrorists in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont need to be a suicide bomber to be a terrorist.

You can look at this poll:

http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?ReportID=248

or any of the polls provided in this thread, take a look at how many support suicide bombers/violence against civilians, and extrapolate how many people you think are terrorists. Your pulled out of thin air number of .01% is super [censored] up pal.

here is an even more damning poll:

The point is, if anyone would spend any time doing any in depth research, or read the documents that these people are so adamant about, a lot of people would be changing their tune.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so perhaps I was being extreme when I said they all were. This poll seems to clarify that at least 25% on average are. The moment someone even once votes sometimes or rarely in a poll questioning whether they are in support of blowing up innocent individuals (taking away THEIR LIVES) in the name of someone they don't konw exists they should be treated like they are batshit insane. So anybody in support of suicide bombings is a firstclass nutjob and I dare you to disagree.

Another question would be whether those who voted Never in the poll empathize with those that voted sometimes/rarely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard it was more for British muslims
Old 07-17-2007, 05:50 PM

What was?
Old 07-17-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

EVERY RELIGION has fanatics...blame the individuals, not the whole. You judging a whole group is just as fanatic as those that use religion as an excuse for evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I agree with the sentiment of your post, and I wholeheartedly do, I don't think it is as simple and blaming the individual. It's not that all of these individuals are inherently evil. The social psychologist in me is compelled to say that the situations some of these individuals are placed in leads them awry.

None of this is to say that individuals shouldn't be held accountable, but if we just label these people as "bad apples" we won't come any closer to solving the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
The fault is not entirely with the individual- it is the man made doctrine that seeks to enslave its victims as most people have an inate/genetic pre-disposition to faith.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with both of these statements. When someone whole-heartedly believes in a dogma that preaches an "us versus them" mentality (as in we are the only way to heaven) , then that someone may be more prone to hatred of any other opposing view. Also, people born into certain situations can basically be brought up in a hatred-brainwashing social setting. If every dogma would remove the 'us verus them', the 'we are the only way', and the 'be sure and tithe us' - then maybe things would be a little better.

<u>However, in the end it is an individual that has to see his/her actions in light of the whole instead of his/her limited view.</u> I understand that this is optimistic and it may be hard to see outside of a person's views or upbringings - but sometimes something has to just click and someone has to say 'this just isn't right.' I guess an example would be if soldiers were told to turn on their own people. Some of those soldiers would blindly follow and some would see that it is not right. Some would be able to break through everything that they have been told to do (listen to superiors) and see what is wrong with the situation. This is not the best example because war itself can be argued against, but it is just an example of individuals being able to see the wrong in their actions despite what they have been taught. &lt;After reading my example again I know it is not perfect as soldiers around the world have killed their own people...but there have to be some that have seen its wrong...my example sucks&gt;.

I do not disagree that social upbringings and brain-washing aspects of religious dogma have an affect, so my original statement was lacking (as was the original poster's).

NOTE: I just re-read my whole post and thought about history...maybe and am WAY wrong. I am sure there are some individuals that have broken the chains of their social hammers or dogma-based-prejudice...but it seems group-based mentalities have and still are prevailing. Sucks.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you feel about the poll numbers presented about U.S. attitudes to killing civilians?

I also wanted to point out that although the title of the chart says, "Support for Suicide Bombing", the question didn't specify the method for killing civilians.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Source?.....How many Christians committed suicide attacks against muslims in the last 10 years? Actions speak louder than words....

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably none that I know of, but why would any americans do that when the US has fight planes, tanks, etc.?

As an aside, why do you think that killing civilians through suicide attacks is worse than killing them with fighter planes? From an "eye for an eye perspective", the act is much more balanced.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Okay so perhaps I was being extreme when I said they all were. This poll seems to clarify that at least 25% on average are. The moment someone even once votes sometimes or rarely in a poll questioning whether they are in support of blowing up innocent individuals (taking away THEIR LIVES) in the name of someone they don't konw exists like WMDs they should be treated like they are batshit insane. So anybody in support of invading and occupying Iraq is a firstclass nutjob and I dare you to disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
By your critera, what % of americans are, or at one one time, were terrorists?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Okay so perhaps I was being extreme when I said they all were. This poll seems to clarify that at least 25% on average are. The moment someone even once votes sometimes or rarely in a poll questioning whether they are in support of blowing up innocent individuals (taking away THEIR LIVES) in the name of someone they don't konw exists like WMDs they should be treated like they are batshit insane. So anybody in support of invading and occupying Iraq is a firstclass nutjob and I dare you to disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
By your critera, what % of americans are, or at one one time, were terrorists?

[/ QUOTE ]

What gave you the indication I'm for war in Iraq? And I don't care what method is used to kill innocent people which is probably the most despicable thing I can think of. On a side note I am for the war and don't think Bush is getting the respect he deserves for the changes he has made in our nation.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:42 AM

Sillygooser,

OOPS! You're a terrorist.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you feel about the poll numbers presented about U.S. attitudes to killing civilians?

I also wanted to point out that although the title of the chart says, "Support for Suicide Bombing", the question didn't specify the method for killing civilians.

[/ QUOTE ]

The scary part to me is not that either group said there might be some conceivable circumstance in which killing civilians would be supportable or necessary (in an enormous war it just might be, under certain conditions), but that one group professed substantial support for doing so in defense of religion.

To me, that's a much scarier face and a much more irrational idea than merely acknowledging that, in some unlikely scenario such as a massive nuclear war, that killing civilians just might be necessary.