Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Muslim's are NUTS (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=452518)

SILLYGOOSER 07-16-2007 02:27 PM

Muslim\'s are NUTS

Deleted. Only reason he isn't banned is because this started in SMP.

iron81 07-16-2007 02:39 PM

Re: Muslim\'s are NUTS

[ QUOTE ]
If this is inapropriate mods take it down

[/ QUOTE ]
It is.

[ QUOTE ]
Something needed to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it didn't.

SILLYGOOSER 07-16-2007 02:46 PM

So you think it's normal what's going on? People blowing themselves and innocent people every day...the "non fanatics" keeping quiet. WAKE UP. It's disgusting.

iron81 07-16-2007 02:56 PM

Sigh.

[ QUOTE ]
It's always radical cleric this...fanatic muslim that...gimme a break.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has a lot more to do with the media's coverage than an accurate sample. Media coverage is always going to be 1. US centric and 2. fearmongering. Muslims talking about how they're going to blow stuff up plays right into this.

[ QUOTE ]
These people are obviously nuts. ALL OF THEM.

[/ QUOTE ]
Less than 0.01% of Muslims are terrorists. Ditto for the rest of your post.

Nielsio 07-16-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These people are obviously nuts. ALL OF THEM. I'm not saying that as a Christian that I'm any better

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are telling us that you are nuts. Ok. I'd accept that. Now what.

Taraz 07-16-2007 03:08 PM

Radical Muslims:All Muslims as Jerry Falwell Evangelicals:All Christians. The former isn't exactly representative of the latter.

vhawk01 07-16-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Radical Muslims:All Muslims as Jerry Falwell Evangelicals:All Christians. The former isn't exactly representative of the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recently, a couple of physicians were implicated in a series of terrorist attacks. They were also Muslim, but I was talking about this with some medical people. I decided to make the ABSURD and OBVIOUSLY SARCASTIC comment, something to the effect of "OMG where is the AMA publicly denouncing these physicians? Surely, this isn't the way of moderate medicine! We are a profession of peace! Why are physicians everywhere silent about this? Speak out publicly!"

Everyone thought that was a valid point. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

SILLYGOOSER 07-16-2007 03:17 PM

Am I crazy or did these people go psycho over some cartoons? Stop being so politically correct...maybe it's because it's become the norm that you're used to it but seriously...what kind of nuts, sci fi world are we living in? Is this the dark ages? Cmon.

RoundGuy 07-16-2007 03:24 PM

You are dumbing down SMP more and more with each post. Please go back and repost in BBV4L.

vhawk01 07-16-2007 03:25 PM

No one is arguing that 'these people' aren't nuts. We're just arguing about who you mistakenly lump in with 'these people.'