Bob calls

Turn is another 5.
Hijack checks.
Bob bets.
Hijack check-raises again!!
Bob calls again!!

river is a 9.
Hijack bets.
Bob makes crying call because this guy has been a little out of line before and his play on this hand feels fishy-weird.

Hijack shows 76s and Bob takes down the pot.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: WSEX Warning

who the crazy one here him or you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2006, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hijack shows 76s and Bob takes down the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
hijack have a one-word, all lower case username? also, was he suited on the flop at least?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these are the characterizations of the "limp-reraisers" as we shall now call them that I had noticed when I played there last year, and continued to observe this week while just railbirding the site (these were outlined in the 'stupid' BW thread link but presumably some people didn't want to read it through):

1. they only play limit hold em. so you NL players have nothing to worry about and 100% rakeback to the heavens for you.

2. their usernames are almost always nonsense, *all lowercase* one-word scrabble type stuff. if an opponent has any capital letters, numbers, underscores or spaces in the name, they will probably not be a limp-reraiser. I'll try and compile a list of candidates for those that care (at this point I believe there are at least a few, flame as you will). there are simply too high a percentage of online poker players whose usernames reflect their own name, what year they were born or graduated school, where they're from, what they do for a living, something related to poker, or something tongue in cheek for there to be this many unimaginative, boring monikers who then proceed to play like complete maniacs.

3. they always take exactly 1-2 seconds to make each move, never more and never less. they never auto-fold and they never mull any bet or raise before making their "decision". it's always 1, 2, action...1, 2, action, even if it's 3-4 bets to go. if a player's progress bar goes past 5 seconds at any time, then it's fine.

4. they never show winning or losing mucked hands.

5. they never chat.

6. they never multitable.

this is a cut/paste of my opinions from last year's thread:

- [they] will generally raise or re-raise with any one high card (suited or unsuited) or any two suited cards. I don't remember if they raise with unsuited neighbors or not. with this in mind, play extremely tight. only stay in hands which you intend to re-raise, or outdraw them. play starting cards which can yield only nut hands (think omaha high) and value bet your edges.

- once the flop hits, [they] will aggressively bet or raise any pair or flush/straight draw (incl. gutshots), regardless of odds. however, they are LESS likely to bet just unpaired overcards. so go ahead and 3-bet or cap any good TPTK or strong draw on your end and you should win enough of the coinflips where the bot is holding a middle or bottom pair, or even a busted gutshot. yes, you will get sucked out on some big ones, but as long as you keep to your premium starting hands it should be no worse than breakeven.

- if you're in a multiway pot and it's getting checked around, then [they] have not hit anything which matches their hands (even if they raised preflop). you'll see this most often on a flop of all low cards rainbow. this is an excellent opportunity to semi-bluff anything you want, and don't be surprised if they all fold, even 4-5 of them who paid 2-3 bets to see 3rd street. [they] sometimes will check-raise on the flop, but rarely at the end of the hand. regardless, any bets or calls after the flop indicate that they at least have "something". don't be afraid to drop anything which is not rock-solid, because you can make it back later when they mindlessly call you down when you are on top.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played there yet, and up until this post, I thought everyone was being stupid. Playersare, your observations seem too significant to dismiss the idea that there are bots/collusion there, be it by WSEX or a 3rd party. Everyone to this point has made simple, statistically insignificant observations, but your post seems to be comprehensive as far as evidence of bots goes.

Damn, I may need to rethink depositing there.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:11 PM

yes.
so does my handle on WPEX for that matter.

We both had diamonds.
Flop was 1 diamond and 2 clubs.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playersare, your observations seem too significant to dismiss the idea that there are bots/collusion there, be it by WSEX or a 3rd party. Everyone to this point has made simple, statistically insignificant observations, but your post seems to be comprehensive as far as evidence of bots goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's making the gross assumption that what he posted is true. While it may be so, I wouldn't get too excited about it until other credible posters agree that these observations are verifiable and repeatable.

Martin
Old 04-05-2006, 05:16 PM

If there are bots (that's still a big if) wouldn't the smart thing to do is to figure out the algorithm they play with and then beat the ever loving crap out of it?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these are the characterizations of the "limp-reraisers" as we shall now call them that I had noticed when I played there last year, and continued to observe this week while just railbirding the site (these were outlined in the 'stupid' BW thread link but presumably some people didn't want to read it through):

1. they only play limit hold em. so you NL players have nothing to worry about and 100% rakeback to the heavens for you.

2. their usernames are almost always nonsense, *all lowercase* one-word scrabble type stuff. if an opponent has any capital letters, numbers, underscores or spaces in the name, they will probably not be a limp-reraiser. I'll try and compile a list of candidates for those that care (at this point I believe there are at least a few, flame as you will). there are simply too high a percentage of online poker players whose usernames reflect their own name, what year they were born or graduated school, where they're from, what they do for a living, something related to poker, or something tongue in cheek for there to be this many unimaginative, boring monikers who then proceed to play like complete maniacs.

3. they always take exactly 1-2 seconds to make each move, never more and never less. they never auto-fold and they never mull any bet or raise before making their "decision". it's always 1, 2, action...1, 2, action, even if it's 3-4 bets to go. if a player's progress bar goes past 5 seconds at any time, then it's fine.

4. they never show winning or losing mucked hands.

5. they never chat.

6. they never multitable.

this is a cut/paste of my opinions from last year's thread:

- [they] will generally raise or re-raise with any one high card (suited or unsuited) or any two suited cards. I don't remember if they raise with unsuited neighbors or not. with this in mind, play extremely tight. only stay in hands which you intend to re-raise, or outdraw them. play starting cards which can yield only nut hands (think omaha high) and value bet your edges.

- once the flop hits, [they] will aggressively bet or raise any pair or flush/straight draw (incl. gutshots), regardless of odds. however, they are LESS likely to bet just unpaired overcards. so go ahead and 3-bet or cap any good TPTK or strong draw on your end and you should win enough of the coinflips where the bot is holding a middle or bottom pair, or even a busted gutshot. yes, you will get sucked out on some big ones, but as long as you keep to your premium starting hands it should be no worse than breakeven.

- if you're in a multiway pot and it's getting checked around, then [they] have not hit anything which matches their hands (even if they raised preflop). you'll see this most often on a flop of all low cards rainbow. this is an excellent opportunity to semi-bluff anything you want, and don't be surprised if they all fold, even 4-5 of them who paid 2-3 bets to see 3rd street. [they] sometimes will check-raise on the flop, but rarely at the end of the hand. regardless, any bets or calls after the flop indicate that they at least have "something". don't be afraid to drop anything which is not rock-solid, because you can make it back later when they mindlessly call you down when you are on top.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played there yesterday and noticed some funny players that fell under this category. I stopped playing after a bit and have decided to reserve judgement for now.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:18 PM

yeah, it's like I said earlier, if the bots are not playing with a fixed deck, bring 'em on. Better to have bots than thinking players. Having bots only sounds bad on paper, but in reality, you'd be wise to play with a table of bots all day.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, I may need to rethink depositing there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will continue to reiterate that it is not my aim to tell people whether to play at WPEX or not. I simply want to bring up some ideas that there are different kinds of "players" at this site that what most 2+2ers are familiar with, and how to approach their adjustment to style. if you can do well and get 100% rakeback, that's fantastic. and if you play NL then you probably don't have to worry about anything at all.

as previously mentioned, I am not an affiliate.