Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Busting my Outback cherry

The Walkabout Soup (when it's their brocoli/cheese type program) is pretty awesome. The bread they give you while you wait to eat is also good. My problem with the Outback is the wait staff sits in the booth with you (or at least they used to). This drove me nuts... please don't sit next to me, especially guys and/or fugly waitresses.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My problem with the Outback is the wait staff sits in the booth with you (or at least they used to). This drove me nuts... please don't sit next to me, especially guys and/or fugly waitresses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha. This aspect of the Outback can be pretty cool when the waitresses are hot high schoolers, as used to be the case at my local location.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I never knew people hated Outback so much. Sure, it's a chain, but I think they burn a pretty good steak. Not as good as Morton's or whatever, but pretty good.

Buncha snobs on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the cost of a "good" steak at Outback? If it's like $20 bucks, I'd rather go spend $30 at a much better steakhouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually get the NY strip, I think its $18.99 which unlike most $30 steaks also includes a side and a salad.

Also, add me to the list of people who love the bread at Outback, but I also tend to think the butter has a lot to do with it. I wish more places would just give you butter instead of the prepackaged butter wannabe crap.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
outback sucks because if you order a soda, it comes in a large glass with the correct amount of ice in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

and they refill very quickly, I mean seriously, wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

the glasses are SMALL. i drink at least 6 or 7
Old 01-28-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will have the burger without mayo, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is it obvious?

[ QUOTE ]
My problem with the Outback is the wait staff sits in the booth with you (or at least they used to). This drove me nuts... please don't sit next to me, especially guys and/or fugly waitresses.

[/ QUOTE ]

mbillie1,

As an Outback lover, I would like to share this tip with you:

If the server is a hot chick, sit in the middle of the booth as you normally do.

If the server is not a hot chick, and you don't wish them to sit with you, then when you and your dining companion sit down, make sure that both of you sit on the very edge of the booth, that gives the server no leeway to sit down. I haven't had any server try or ask to sit when doing this, although some have appeared confused at first because it throw their script off.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
outback sucks because if you order a soda, it comes in a large glass with the correct amount of ice in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

and they refill very quickly, I mean seriously, wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

the glasses are SMALL. i drink at least 6 or 7

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn - I drink 4-5 sodas too, but that's because they are free refills and I am a cheap value-minded bastard.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I will have the burger without mayo, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is it obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not wish to ruin my burger.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

mbillie1,

As an Outback lover, I would like to share this tip with you:

If the server is a hot chick, sit in the middle of the booth as you normally do.

If the server is not a hot chick, and you don't wish them to sit with you, then when you and your dining companion sit down, make sure that both of you sit on the very edge of the booth, that gives the server no leeway to sit down. I haven't had any server try or ask to sit when doing this, although some have appeared confused at first because it throw their script off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably should have thought of this. I'm really more of a Friday's person though, although I do enjoy the Outback sans the aforementioned booth issue.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bleh. I wouldn't describe anything from Outback as "great," or even, "good." You're looking for "okay," and I think that's about the best you're gonna do. I had $35 in gift cards there - good old dad really came through on my christmas present, as always - and I recently bought dinner for myself and a friend at work. I don't even recall what we had, but my medium rare steak was rare and her rare steak was medium - we did the whole curbside to go thing (probably a bad idea, but hell if I actually wanted to set foot inside that place) and I was really, really underwhelmed.

Bloomin' onion is actually half decent, if you like the sauce. Otherwise... I'd steer clear of the steaks, because in my limited experience, neither I tried was very good.

Buca di Bepo was a far better choice.

yasher

[/ QUOTE ]

You can use outback gift certificates at Fleming's.