[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clark & MT2R,
Is being a Cards/Illini fan standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the Illinois campus is heavily split between the Cubs and Cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

someone on campus should tell me how much sox crap showed up in the past year.

[/ QUOTE ]
not much actually, i'd say its about 40% Cubs, 35% Cards, 20% White Sox, and 5% being other various teams

[/ QUOTE ]

20%! wtf? Used to be like 4%.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, he is right Clarkmeister

Starting last August, White Sox stuff mysteriously showed up in Champaign-Urbana. It is a disturbing trend and one that appears to be here for awhile. The only time I really noticed the White Sox fans otherwise was the night of the Bartman game.

Maybe, too much Cards (at 35%) unless you include the townies, who became much more Cub-based in 2003 than I remembered it being. None of the townies are White Sox fans.

Among the big alumni donators who attend football games and such, the Cards hold a slight majority but that will disappear over time as 80% of the current students are from the Chicago suburbs.

Every year, it is more and more a Chicago extension down here.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Please post reasons why you hate the Cubs

Who do you hate more?
Old 07-19-2006, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sox fans are gettin smarter and are now able to get into U of I [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but there is alot of truth here.

The Cubs/Sox division is partially along geographic lines. This split matches much of the social-economic division in Chicagoland. The South and Southwest suburbs (prone to having more Sox fans) such as New Lenox, Lockport, Mokena, Tinley Park, etc have grown quite a bit in the last few years with more upper income families and good schools. The geography split stayed. Some of these new families are breeding White Sox fans who are likely to get into colleges.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:43 AM

I don't. I hate the Yankees.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clark & MT2R,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
not much actually, i'd say its about 40% Cubs, 35% Cards, 20% White Sox, and 5% being other various teams

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Starting last August, White Sox stuff mysteriously showed up in Champaign-Urbana. It is a disturbing trend and one that appears to be here for awhile. The only time I really noticed the White Sox fans otherwise was the night of the Bartman game.

Maybe, too much Cards (at 35%) unless you include the townies, who became much more Cub-based in 2003 than I remembered it being. None of the townies are White Sox fans.

Among the big alumni donators who attend football games and such, the Cards hold a slight majority but that will disappear over time as 80% of the current students are from the Chicago suburbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

townie here, i still say it's like 59/39/2 cubs/cards/sox. I literally knew like 1 kid growing up who liked the sox. Personally, I'm suprised you guys think the UofI population is as high as 35% cardinal fans, i really don't think it's close to this high.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clark & MT2R,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

townie here, i still say it's like 59/39/2 cubs/cards/sox. I literally knew like 1 kid growing up who liked the sox. Personally, I'm suprised you guys think the UofI population is as high as 35% cardinal fans, i really don't think it's close to this high.

[/ QUOTE ]

being here for the past 3 years, ive met more Cards fans than Cubs fans, but when you walk around campus, there are more Cubs fans in general. Everyone from southern illinois and western illinois are either cards or cubs fans, more cards fans.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:37 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

i was born in chicago, my dad is a huge cubs fan. but i seriously hate sammy sosa more than any other baseball player. i dont know that it makes that much sense but he was just so lame and overmarketed and never did anything that helped the cubs win. just gtfo sammy sosa. and yeah, peeing in the troughs is [censored] gay, go white sox!

rj