Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Would a shorstack boycott on PS work?

[ QUOTE ]
raptor explained it perfectly - it also severely disrupts positional advantage/disadvantage at tables as well.

playing against shortstacks isn't hard. playing against shortstacks, full stacks, and deep stacks is hard, because what's -EV against one is +EV against another PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

So suck it up and stop whining already. Boo Hoo poker not as eazy as it was 2 years ago.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like I suspected, no discipline. Instead of getting all emotional, stay calm, cool, collected, and play optimal strategy against them when appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really detest the fact that people say things like this. its not the fact that playing against the actual short stacks themselves isnt profitable, because almost all of theme are complete retards, and if everyone sat 20x id still make plenty of money. the problem is, that the proper strategy requires you to nit up to a retarded level so that they dont have a ton of fold equity on their resteals. this makes games play much tighter, which is just awful for poker in general when people are gambooling it up. i dont really have a problem playing against just short stacks, i have a problem when my fish get mad and leave because of said short stacks and the nittiness of the games.

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly. I've been sitting 300bb deep HU against a fish and then had a dude come and sit with 30bb. I ask them if they can please let us play HU and they of course ignore the request. Then another dude sits with 20bb. Then the fish takes his 300bb and leaves. Wow, if only I knew how to play profitably against short stackers, this wouldn't be a problem. I should probably just shut up and stop being emotional.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your such a nice guy for looking out for the fish LOL
Old 05-08-2007, 09:10 PM

bk,
People in this forum support families, pay for college, and nurse massive coke drug habits off of this game. I don't know what you want to accomplish by laughing at them for caring that their salary's taking a big cut, but all you're doing is looking like a douche.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bk,
People in this forum support families, pay for college, and nurse massive coke drug habits off of this game. I don't know what you want to accomplish by laughing at them for caring that their salary's taking a big cut, but all you're doing is looking like a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is dog eat dog, learn to deal with it.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bk,
you're a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-08-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bk,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly since the poker world is so tough, the only thing to do is make a bunch of posts on an internet message board calling people cry babies.

Edit: Please get banned somehow.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:28 PM

Phil from the software forum is publically releasing a program in the next few days that will help shortstackers become more competent at shortstacking. it's also, from what i gather, a pretty cool tool for everyone else.

eventually sites are going to have to do something about it.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bk,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which site do you play on and whats your SN?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil from the software forum is publically releasing a program in the next few days that will help shortstackers become more competent at shortstacking. it's also, from what i gather, a pretty cool tool for everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

It only tells you if you suck or dont suck with a smaller sample size.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The sites LIKE shortstackers, the sites LIKE tight games. Tight games equal a larger number of smaller pots until the fish loose their money and get broke= more rake paid prior to live ones go busto.

Who the hell would want to shortstack some wild ass game with 4-5 live ones? Not me that's for sure. As the online games evolve and the lives ones reduce in numbers strategies like shortstacking start to become more commonplace.

I suspect that as things continue to evolve FT pro's will be playing other FT pros more often and playing deeper and more short handed.

In any event complaining is -EV.