Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 09:28 PM

Default LIMCASH: Turn action

Mini-HULA practice match vs. dougshrapnel.

I hadn't gotten too fancy on the river. I was playing pretty aggressively and DS was saving most of his aggression for trapping and attacking weakness.

Ultimate Bet 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (2 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB dougshrapnel calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
dougshrapnel checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, dougshrapnel calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
dougshrapnel checks, Hero checks.

River: (3 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">dougshrapnel bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, dougshrapnel calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Bet the turn or induce a river bluff?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:41 PM

Default Re: LIMCASH: Turn action

hey pistolero,

Both lines are good ones. How has the tempo of the game been going? For example, have you been continuation-betting most turns when he peels the flop? Has he been peeling lightly? If he's peeling, is it b/c he's going to put a move on the pot or is it because he's trying to showdown? You said he's been "saving his aggression for trapping" so it looks like he will often have an A here, having check-called an almost completely drawless flop(unless he's been peeling liberally).

I like your line, given what limited information we've been provided with. If he thinks you are cont-betting the turn too lightly then i'd bet again for value, expecting him to take another card off with K-hi or a small pair - but in a vacuum you'd much prefer any hand with 4 outs or less to fire at the river instead of folding, and having him make a 2BB 2nd-best hand is great.

Surf
Old 04-01-2006, 01:00 AM

Default Re: LIMCASH: Turn action

depends on his flop peels, how tight hes been. if he is being tricky, etc. I think it would be silly on his part to c/c this flop and c/r the turn. depending on the game its doubtful youd bet the turn UI. I prefer something like, c/c and donk turn with an ace. not a fan of c/ring flop, unless Ive been mixing in a lot of semibluffs on ragged boards at the same time a c/r on turn may not be as silly as I stated, I just doubt this turn gets bet often without some sort of hand on your part. if you dont have anything it inevitablly goes, c/c flop, check check turn, bet fold river, sometimes bet call. donk turn you can fold turn, sometimes you raise thinking its a weak bet or bluff, in which he can 3bet or just call and lead river (or c/c river if thats your flavor).

depends. if you have been totally ignoring board texture then he is probably trapping more often. these are just thoughts though, dont know if it helped at all. I am usually not certain what Id do unless Im at the table, especially for HU play.