Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 10:56 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin apologizes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes he cheated. Yes it was wrong. However, Pokerstars did the right thing to make sure the money won came from a legit tourney. If ZJ did win the 100,000 mostly from SIT and Go's that he did not Multiaccount in the same S&G, I think Party is a little to greedy to take the 100G. Take all the money from any tourney he signed into with more than 1 account.

flame away

Scotty O

[/ QUOTE ]

Multi-accounting high level SNGS is cheating. It is not as blatant as entering multiple entries to MTT's but it is still cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

u misread, as long as he did not play from 2+accounts at the same S&G, the money he made there is legit and should be given back to hime
Old 03-31-2006, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

u misread, as long as he did not play from 2+accounts at the same S&G, the money he made there is legit and should be given back to hime

[/ QUOTE ]

No I didn't misread. Using 6 accounts to play sit n go's and remain anonymous over your opponents who are not anonymous to you, gives you an enormous edge. This is cheating. ZJ has also made references that he made new accounts to avoid players getting reads on him(an essential part of the strategy of the game). The community at the High Buy In SnG's is much smaller compared to the rest of the player base. Having your opponents get only 1/6 of the info you have on them is a huge advantage.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:39 AM

I see 2 seperate issues here.

First is his cheating. This makes him a piece of human garbage. At first I was of the opinion that he should do time but than I clicked on his picture and thought maybe not. Putting this creep in OZ would be just a little excessive. Just kidding, he should do time.

Second is the "apology". He's still in denial. His rationalizations are pathetic and he's still a lying sack of poo. He didn't know it was wrong? On what planet. Anyone buying into his line of bs is either 12 years old or has never spent any quality time with a 12 year old.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:43 AM

>u misread, as long as he did not play from 2+accounts at the same S&G, the money he made there is legit and should be given back to hime

So, if I rob a bank and buy a lottery ticket with the stolen money, I get to keep the winnings? I think not.

Think people, think.

The Lemon
Old 04-01-2006, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where the true character of the human being comes into play is whether or not he will step up to the allegations and assume responsibility for his actions. ZJ clearly didn't do this,

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get this. Did you even read his statemet? I think he clearly did do this. He said he was sorry. He described how he started doing it. He admits he was wrong to do it. What more do you want?
Old 04-01-2006, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, if I rob a bank and buy a lottery ticket with the stolen money, I get to keep the winnings? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good example. The answer depends on the jurisdiction, but I think in most places you will keep your winnings.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:58 AM

Quote:

>Good example. The answer depends on the jurisdiction, but I think in most places you will keep your winnings.

Interesting. I guess it could depend on jurisdiction (though it certainly wouldn't be allowed in my country). I would think that most locales would have a some sort of legislation not allowing a criminal to directly profit from their crimes, but you never know.

The Lemon
Old 04-01-2006, 05:20 AM

Flame? nah too easy

Point 1 - Multi-accounting high lvl SnG's so your opponents only have 1/6th info on accounts you play IS cheating - it's breach of TOS and gives you +EV (which means your opponents who stay within TOS are losing EV to you).
ZJ and his apologists don't seem to understand this - mainly because they have the ethical instincts of nematode worms.

2. - Stars was stupid not to confiscate the lot - they sent out a message loud and clear to cheaters - 'come to Stars -the site where cheaters can't lose'. Worst decision Lee has made in ages. If you were going to cheat which site would you choose now - Party or Stars?
Old 04-01-2006, 08:51 AM

ZJ and his apologists don't seem to understand this - mainly because they have the ethical instincts of nematode worms.

What a stupid statement. That guy never thought he would be cheating (and he wasn't). But just in case you were right and it was cheating; it is so clear to see that he didn't think this way. You are only a cheat if cheating is your goal. But would anybody who thinks he is cheating just come from the same PC with many accounts ? I don't buy that. He would use 2 laptops or PCs and probably 2 different lines. And so many players play with different accounts for many reasons. Most do it because they can get rakeback with a new account or they just wanted to play more than 4 tables. (in the old days when only 4 tables was allowed at Party) They play on their brother, mother and friends accounts. There were players posting here ; showing pictures when they played up to 20 tables using many accounts and i can remember on 1 of this pics to see 12 Party-Tables. That player even was applauded by most of those that are now blaming this Justin guy. If he broke a rule at Party... fine . He was punished enough. But getting rakeback or playing on your mother account also breaks the rules ; but that of course is something different for most of you . Because doing so is to your advantage. It looks like many here just need someone they can push around.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:02 AM

You just don't get it. Having more than one entry in a single MTT gives you an edge over the other players. Those players have to play two MTTs (and all the time investment that goes with that) to get the same chance of winning as the two-accounter gets in one tournament. And that's completely ignoring the possible implications of ending up on the same table as yourself.