Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 06:31 PM

Default The adventures of donkman at 3/6 (long, multiple hands)

Donkman is the most feared poker player at PR. Armed only with his 62/1/1.5 stats and his trusty donkbets, he strives to rid the world of TAGs, one hand at a time.

Episode 1: The beginning

UTG + 2 is 39/10/2.7 over 100 hands

PokerRoom 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: bigalt is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $3. CO posts a blind of $3.
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, 2 folds, CO (poster) checks, 1 fold</font>, SB (donkman)/ completes, bigalt RAISES, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, CO folds, SB (donkman)/ calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
donkman donks, bigalt calls, UTG+2 RAISES, donkman calls, bigalt calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
donkman donks, bigalt folds, UTG+2 RAISES, donkman calls.

River: (11 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
donkman BETS, UTG+2 RAISES, donkman calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results below (shown to display his donking prowess):
donkman has 3d 3c (two pair, threes and twos).
UTG+2 has 8s 7c (one pair, twos).
Outcome: donkman wins 15 BB.

===========

Episode 2: The humiliation

UTG+1 is 38/10/1, with a pretty low WTSD over 100 hands of 25%
CO is 15/5/3 over 250 hands, also with a WTSD of 25%

PokerRoom 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: bigalt is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold</font>, MP2 (donkman)/ calls, bigalt raises</font>, CO calls, 3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 (donkman)/ calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, donkman checks, bigalt BETS</font>, CO RAISES</font>, UTG+1 calls, donkman calls, bigalt 3-BETS</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 calls, donkman calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, donkman donks, bigalt RAISES</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 calls, donkman calls.

River: (18.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, donkman donks, did bigalt really fold this in a 20BB pot?

=========

Episode 3: the confusion

BB is 20/9/2.3 over 350 hands

PokerRoom 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: bigalt is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG (donkman)/ calls, bigalt RAISES</font>, 6 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG (donkman)/ calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
BB checks, donkman donks, bigalt calls (figuring he probably has 6 outs if behind, and considers calling down if BB folds), BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
BB checks, donkman BETS</font>, bigalt folds, getting ready to quit poker forever.

=====

Episode 4: The revenge

CO is 15/5/3 over 250 hands, with a WTSD of 25%
Button is 13/5/.2, WTSD 50%
BB is donkman's sidekick, who has been calling his donk bets with impunity the whole session. He's 65/2/.5

PokerRoom 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: bigalt is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
4 folds</font>, MP2 (donkman)/ calls, bigalt calls, CO RAISES</font>, Button calls, 1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 (donkman)/ calls, bigalt calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)</font>
BB checks, donkman donks, bigalt calls, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
BB checks, donkman BETS</font>, bigalt calls, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (10.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
donkman BETS</font>, bigalt thinks he may finally have donkman beat but goes for the overcall/fears the 3-bet from the flush.

=========

comments on every street of every hand welcome. or just a kick in the nuts for hand 2.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:34 PM

Default Re: The adventures of donkman at 3/6 (long, multiple hands)

aw man i can't even get a kick in the nuts?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:41 PM

Wow. Turn fold in #1 is horrible. I'd raise the flop. Really not sure what you were doing.

#2, bad flop 3-bet in general. Your hand isn't great multiway on that board. See a turn and decide from there. I'd bet out on that turn. River fold seems prudent 4-ways with just one pair.

#3, given the BB's overcall on that flop I don't mind a fold. Against this guy I'm raising the flop and probably seeing a showdown though.

#4, raise the river.

Rob
Old 03-31-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Turn fold in #1 is horrible. I'd raise the flop. Really not sure what you were doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

hand obviously would have gone differently if i had raised the flop. My thinking was that I had to improve to win, and the only hands I could knock out behind me would be those I didn't care about staying.

when he leads the turn I figure I'm probably paying 2BB for a crack at the 2nd nut flush. Didn't count my A or K outs, but I don't think it's THAT obscene is it?

donkbets make my brain stop working.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when he leads the turn I figure I'm probably paying 2BB for a crack at the 2nd nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

2BB?

You're getting 8:1. Your flush outs have to be live slightly more than half the time for a call to be good, in general. When you add that to the fact that you usually have more like 15 outs, and not 9, I'd consider folding to be a very large error.

Rob
Old 03-31-2006, 10:53 PM

Well maybe an average of 1.5BB then. He bet into me, with a flop raiser left to act behind me. But yes 13-ish outs is probably how many i had.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:13 AM

Episode 5. The buddy list add.