Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2006, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Stacks, odds and implied possibilities

freez out fold for sure.
rebuy: if your stack is now 9K and a double rebuy would take you up to 6K then depending on my BR status and how much time left in the rebuy period,i would jump at the chance with that hand.having said that i would fold even QQ here.the only reason why i would call this is the fact that there is a good chance they are not dominated and with 3 ppl going at it ,its more likely that the big cards are all out so the chances of the board cards being small are good.
again 9K stack in relation to 100/200 blinds is good enough to be able to play poker with but i rather a 27K one.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
freez out fold for sure.
rebuy: if your stack is now 9K and a double rebuy would take you up to 6K then depending on my BR status and how much time left in the rebuy period,i would jump at the chance with that hand.having said that i would fold even QQ here.the only reason why i would call this is the fact that there is a good chance they are not dominated and with 3 ppl going at it ,its more likely that the big cards are all out so the chances of the board cards being small are good.
again 9K stack in relation to 100/200 blinds is good enough to be able to play poker with but i rather a 27K one.

[/ QUOTE ]

where are you playing that a double rebuy takes you to 6k?

you would have 33k stack if you won.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:06 AM

A double rebuy and addon would take you to 4,5K which is not horrible. But estimated about 1/2 of average stack when rebuy is over.

The implied possibilities is not within the hand, but the benifit a bigstack gives and the subsequent possibilities to score good in this particular tournament. The all in is not to push anyone out as it is near impossible with the stack sizes, but to ensure the payoff is the largest possible if one where to hit a winner.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A double rebuy and addon would take you to 4,5K which is not horrible. But estimated about 1/2 of average stack when rebuy is over.

The implied possibilities is not within the hand, but the benifit a bigstack gives and the subsequent possibilities to score good in this particular tournament. The all in is not to push anyone out as it is near impossible with the stack sizes, but to ensure the payoff is the largest possible if one where to hit a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

again it is not "implied" it is real. it is not "if" they put the rest of there stack in, it is that they "will" have there stack in. so possibilities of you having a huge stack after this hand are not "implied" they are real.