[ QUOTE ]
[deleted]

Edid/MH: Poster is banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparantly not...
Old 03-31-2006, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Cracking the code

[ QUOTE ]
seems a bit funny that every poker site i played on has given me a poker check freezing my funds for a while .

[/ QUOTE ]

Better stop bouncing those checks.

Fold life preflop
Old 03-31-2006, 07:23 AM

Cracking the code is one thing. Being able to analyze the card sequence of known cards (your hole cards) to determine what cards your opponent holds and what cards are to come in a real game situation, in other words on the fly, is another story entirely.

Point being, it is next to impossible to crack the algorithm and even if you did, applying the logic to any number of thousands of possible hand outcomes during any given hand so that you can gain some sort of edge on the fly is another. Given that you know the algorithm, the only other bit of information that you would have is what cards you hold. Then based upon your holdings and the algorithm, you would only be at most be able narrow down your opponents holdings to any 1 in several hundred possible combinations. Same applies to the cards to come. And then you would need it on the fly. So any thought put into pursuing this would be completely worthless.

A better suggestion is to read the Theory of Poker by Sklansky and Harrington's book (or whatever other book you identify strongly with -- suprisingly, there are some Play Poker Like the Pros fans out there), then practice and practice some more.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:00 PM

God don't tell me you guys haven't forgotten about the Poker Party cracked book! WLLLWLLLW!
Old 03-31-2006, 03:29 PM

hmm... it seems that most people replying to this thread think that each "card" is generated on each street. why can't the computer randomly organize the 52 cards before the hand starts and deal them out like any other shuffle and deal? i don't think the cards that are dealt haven anything to do with any actions of anyone in the game.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm... it seems that most people replying to this thread think that each "card" is generated on each street. why can't the computer randomly organize the 52 cards before the hand starts and deal them out like any other shuffle and deal? i don't think the cards that are dealt haven anything to do with any actions of anyone in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not going to be 100% possible. Keep in mind that even if the sequence is known, there is the variable that if a player (or players) sits out (or leaves or busts out) on any given hand it would change the sequence of the cards dealt. And there is no mathematical or scientific way to predict when an online player who has held his piss for the past 45 minutes will decide to give in to nature, sit out for ten minutes, smoke a cigarrette, and come back into the game. So at best, all you're going to get is a probable sequence of cards. Even with this, all you would know is the probability of your opponents' possible hands and the cards that are to come. And even with this narrowed down bit of information, you would still need to deduce which is the correct factoring probability. Which of course, requires more complex math skill than what is required to play actual poker.

That means, yup, sorry guys, if you want to win at poker, you'll have to pay the toll to cross the bridge.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
God don't tell me you guys haven't forgotten about the Poker Party cracked book! WLLLWLLLW!

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be the one rare OOP 2+2 published book that I don't have in my libary and am dying to get! Ebay it is!