Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 01:59 AM

Default Re: *** Official St Louis Cardinals to the 2006 World Series Thread **

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a homer because I'd like to see the home team win the 88 it'll take to win the division, but am realistic enough to realize they're probably winning 72?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have houston as the favorite. that's simply not possible. Dunn, if anything, is underrated.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:17 AM

I live in Ohio if that makes a difference in your opinion. Not really sure how I can be an Astro homer =D
Old 03-31-2006, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reds | Dunn agrees to a two-year contract
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:43:01 -0800[ QUOTE ]

Ouch. I hadn't heard about that. That sucks. I guess all his talking about how much he wanted to come play for the Astros was just hot air.

Damn, he would have been a great addition too. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2006, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ron for the cubbies

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the furthest possible thing from a Cubs fan but Ronnie is so hilarious to listen to. He is highly entertaining.

"Ohhhh Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!"
Old 03-31-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Re: *** Official St Louis Cardinals to the 2006 World Series Thread ***

As a Mets fan I can tell you right now that you will have no hair on your head left by the end of the season if Braden Looper sees 60 games.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have an improved offense this year

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but that really isn't saying much and I really don't think this is true either

[ QUOTE ]
good chance of adding a fully rested Roger Clemens to the rotation two months into the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're delusional if you think Clemens is coming back to the astros. Even if he does come back I wouldn't be that worried considering your "improved" offense will spot him about one run every four starts.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have an improved offense this year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No offense, but that really isn't saying much and I really don't think this is true either

[/ QUOTE ]

Adding Preston Wilson who should be good for 20-25 homers and 80-90 RBI's, plus a healthy Berkman who wasn't there the first two months of last year, certainly improves the offense.

[ QUOTE ]
good chance of adding a fully rested Roger Clemens to the rotation two months into the season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're delusional if you think Clemens is coming back to the astros.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's why he is still working out at the Astros' spring training complex eh?

Most of the things he has done and said point to him being an Astro after May 1st.

[ QUOTE ]
Even if he does come back I wouldn't be that worried considering your "improved" offense will spot him about one run every four starts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you weren't too worried last year either were you? And that season ended with the Astros as national league champions.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the things he has done and said point to him being an Astro after May 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this just like how all signs pointed to Adam Dunn going to the astros?

[ QUOTE ]
Adding Preston Wilson who should be good for 20-25 homers and 80-90 RBI's, plus a healthy Berkman who wasn't there the first two months of last year, certainly improves the offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now maybe the team with the fifth worst offense in the NL despite playing in a little league park can improve to being the sixth worst offense in the NL. I would also like to add the fact that your total run production from left field last year was around 90-100 RBIs, so isn't this a slight downgrade having Preston Wilson out in left?

[ QUOTE ]
bet you weren't too worried last year either were you? And that season ended with the Astros as national league champions.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only thing I was worried about was the Cardinals playing the worst baseball they had played all year in the NLCS which is exactly what happened. The astros didn't win anything the cardinals just lost.

edit: I'm also not really sure why we are discussing the Astros as a threat for the NL central title. The Brewers and Cubs are the only teams that can really be considered threats and I'm using that word very very loosely.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a homer because I'd like to see the home team win the 88 it'll take to win the division, but am realistic enough to realize they're probably winning 72?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have houston as the favorite. that's simply not possible. Dunn, if anything, is underrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Underrated? The guy went almost 2 years without a sacrafice fly, and almost all of his RBI come from homeruns most of which were solo shots. He has no concept of when to move a runner over, go the other way, just hit a flyball, etc. and he strikes out in key situations all the time. I used to live in Reds country, and most the Reds fans I knew even hated this guy.

B.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Underrated? The guy went almost 2 years without a sacrafice fly, and almost all of his RBI come from homeruns most of which were solo shots. He has no concept of when to move a runner over, go the other way, just hit a flyball, etc. and he strikes out in key situations all the time. I used to live in Reds country, and most the Reds fans I knew even hated this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why Dunn is underrated.