Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 09:41 PM

Default Re: NL1000... Reasonable Doubt

I put villian on KQ, I doubt he calls turn with QQ. SO basically does your river bet get KQ to fold enough? and I HIGHLY doubt it. If he has QJ, you already have him beat, no need to bet, and if he has dia draw, as long as he didn't pair you have him beat, no need to bet. I highly doubt KQ folds on the river enough to make this play +EV. From his point of view you just called inposition on a draw heavy board (looks like a draw not wanting to get 3 bet) QJ missed and flush draw missed, I think he'll look at pot odds vs. bet, and go, I think I'm good enough to call.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:51 AM

I also agree he has KQ. This push is really representing two pair / set -> made fH on riv. I think its still a good bluff. Remember that even if he calls a small amount of time it is still profitable.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:35 AM

its ok at 5/10 but only cause the villians dont think, I snap u off here with a lot of hands
Old 03-30-2006, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also agree he has KQ. This push is really representing two pair / set -> made fH on riv. I think its still a good bluff. Remember that even if he calls a small amount of time it is still profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe 2 pair, K7? Just calling with a set on that board?!?!?! Calling with a 3 vs. a pfr there on flop?!?!?! This bluff only works vs. COMPLETE idiots, OR!!!! if you do slow play sets like this and have shown them in the past. This line is how you get paid off with a set and you're willing to gamble, not how you push someone off of KQ who's not that smart.