Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Doyles card-rush principle

[ QUOTE ]
I find that In SSNL the inverse is true. If you keep playing and winning you will get playeed back and may have to lay down the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this - IF your opponents are folding. If you're showing down good cards (especially good starting hands) then for some reason they think you always get good cards and you can take advantage of that.

On the other hand, if you have a rush of good cards, bet them strongly, and everyone folds, pretty soon they assume you're bluffing and you have to be careful.

Also, if you show down iffy starting hands to win big pots (even if your play throughout was solid based on implied odds/outs/FE etc.) they invariably think you're a lucky fish and start playing back at you.

To answer OP's question, although rushes aren't real the fish THINK they are, and you have to be aware of that.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Doyles card-rush principle

meh, rushes do exist in practice. when you run good, you tend to loosen your preflop standards, when you run sh*tty, you tend to tighten your preflop standards. does it make a difference EV wise? probably not, as you are more confident when you are winning, and may make slightly better postflop decisions to compensate for the small loss in equity from playing worse hands.

I agree with PlayaHata that if you are playing live, the meta effects are significantly greater, and may make playing any two while you "rush" +EV.