Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 10:38 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin apologizes

I liked the part when he says that poker is nothing like the rounders movie. HAHA, the kiddo knows nothing. Poker before the online era was EXACTLY as the rounders movie.

You're history bozo, there is no place for (known) cheats at 2+2.

Stay away!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:46 PM

question

did pokerstars investigate him because they knew about what happened on party??? Did party inform other sites??? Did Lee read it on hear and order an investigation???

Just curious ... i find this very interesting

I am glad party confiscated all his funds ... it would be nice to distribute the money to the people who were in the tournies wouldn't it?? But even if they dont with the bonuses that they give I still love party.

Good job party and stars .... and zeejustin should be banned from all online poker for life
Old 03-29-2006, 10:46 PM

God, the moral absolutists on this board are incredible.

For those saying it's all spin, exactly what could he do that would be acceptable to you? What could you possibly expect of him other than an explanation and an apology?

If what he says about never mult-tabling the smaller tournies is true, then that would seem to indicate he didn't consider his actions in the big tournaments unethical. He was wrong, but he outlines why he was wrong in detail.

For those who think there's no room for argument that he deserved to have all of his funds taken because "he'll never multi-table again" the same would be true if he had his hand hacked off. That doesn't mean it's an appropriate solution.

What he did was unethical, and it tarnished the name of poker. To an extent it is undeniable that he deserves the scorn of the poker world. But to suggest that he is completely beyonbd redemption is absolutely absurd. I've done some pretty bad things in my life, including on the poker table. I'm sure many more of you have as well. People make mistakes, and people learn from them. Zee [censored] up, but he also said he's willing to invest years regaining his reputation. If you're unwilling to grant him that courtesy, then in my opinion you're worse than he is.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:57 PM

Poker players, sharks as well as fishes, come 13 by the dozen nowadays.
Who cares a (censored) about a young punk nobody can ever trust again.

You really believe that because he says he's not going to cheat again he won't? Yeah right! In the gambling world, only losers get a second chance.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:00 PM

Granny is right.

DumbJustin should not be forgiven until he stops making ANY excuses for his behavior and takes full responsibility. No more "Party was wrong to do this blah blah blah". FULL RESPONSIBILITY.

He doesn't think it's fair that if someone has 100k in their account and cheats in a $10 sit and go that it should all be confiscated? Too bad. Don't cheat then.

He ALSO doesn't understand that there is also a problem with having more than one shot to win a big tourney. If it's a freezeout then it's not fair to have more than one entry.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:19 PM

In effect, he stole many thousands of dollars from the guys that came second and third, etc, in the tournaments in which he cheated.

He didn't use a gun to steal it from them, so I guess he shouldn't be jailed; but I can't see any reason why anyone could think of accepting a thief back into the fraternity until at least a penance of many years of exile has passed.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:26 PM

The title of the apology should not have been "I Screwed Up". The title should have been "I Cheated". Screwing up is making a mistake. Consciously playing multiple accounts in a tournament is not a mistake. It's cheating all the other participants in the tournament.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In effect, he stole many thousands of dollars from the guys that came second and third, etc, in the tournaments in which he cheated.

He didn't use a gun to steal it from them, so I guess he shouldn't be jailed; but I can't see any reason why anyone could think of accepting a thief back into the fraternity until at least a penance of many years of exile has passed.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I can't see any reason why anyone could think of accepting a thief back into the fraternity until at least a penance of many years of exile has passed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfectly said. It will take time for him to "Prove" Himself again.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:25 AM

"At that time, I unfortunately did not realize that what I was doing was unethical. For starters, many of the poker players that I have learned from were using the same practice. This obviously doesn’t make it ok, but I wasn’t questioning it at the time. Until recently; this wasn’t a well hidden fact. People seemed to accept it as ok and talked about it in the open."

Did anybody else think he was actually saying-"Mommy, but everbody's doing it." (Pretend real whiny voice)

Don't know ZJ personally but seriously, he never even thought it was unethical or illegal? He's too smart to be that dumb.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow one mistake doesnt make or not make the man. or the granny lol

[/ QUOTE ]

cheating over and over and over and over and over again is one mistake?

rofl