Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 02:58 AM

Default Well there goes tonights profits (I am a donkey)

Been clearing the PR reload playing 100NL. Finished +600 +200bonus so can't complain, but this hand really sucked. Felt like I made a really bad decision. Villian was very loose passive, and the way these types play he could easily have QQ or TT here. Worst call I've made so far at NL, I knew I was beat way to often to be making it.

PokerRoom $1-$1 NL 6max
I have 200, villian covers

hero is dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
1 fold <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, Loose passive fish calls, Villian calls, 2 folds

Flop 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] $14
<font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>, Fish calls, <font color="red">Villian raises to $25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $55</font>, Fish folds, <font color="red">Villian Allin ($234 total)</font>....

$139 back to me and I'm getting like 2:1, I know I should fold but I call
I don't improve, villian has 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], MHING and I'm down $200, Next hand I lose a $120 pot (which I put $40 into) on the river when my 2pr get counterfieted). Oh well, chalk it up to learing experience.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Only 1 BB/100 over your last 10k? Vent in here! (NC Thread)

I don't have the hand history on me at the moment but it goes like this.

MP.. passive game preflop. I have JTo. I am fist to act, but I figure I will still get callers if I raise. I call.

LP calls, BB checks. Flop. JTT. Disco.

BB bets, I smooth call, LP calls. Interesting. I figure LP caught a piece. Probably has a J.

Turn comes a Q. Check, I check in hopes of a c/r. LP bets. Disco. BB calls. I raise. Call Call.

River. Q. Somehow I don't really like that card anymore. I think. No person who in their right mind that is behind would call a bet here, if they do have something, and I get raised. I don't like it. I check. LP bets. Call. Call.

BB turns over J9, and LP turns over QJ. The only two cards that could have done anything for him. Check this out. Its ridiculous the odds that he beat.

Poker Odds Twodimes.net
Old 03-29-2006, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have the hand history on me at the moment but it goes like this.

MP.. passive game preflop. I have JTo. I am fist to act, but I figure I will still get callers if I raise. I call.

LP calls, BB checks. Flop. JTT. Disco.

BB bets, I smooth call, LP calls. Interesting. I figure LP caught a piece. Probably has a J.

Turn comes a Q. Check, I check in hopes of a c/r. LP bets. Disco. BB calls. I raise. Call Call.

River. Q. Somehow I don't really like that card anymore. I think. No person who in their right mind that is behind would call a bet here, if they do have something, and I get raised. I don't like it. I check. LP bets. Call. Call.

BB turns over J9, and LP turns over QJ. The only two cards that could have done anything for him. Check this out. Its ridiculous the odds that he beat.

Poker Odds Twodimes.net

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is nc, but openlimping with JTo from MP [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Re: My 25K BB Bad Beat

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That really sucks voracious. The corporate world us completely vile and unforgiving (I'm a ~commie).

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your bathroom harboring bolsheviks?

I'm a capitalist pig and proud of it!

Racious, that totally sucks! Sorry to hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually considering chucking for-profit enterprise altogether and going back to school with the intent of snuggling down in academia. And I'm a tree-hugging liberal...so I guess that on the continuum, I'm closer to communist than capitalist.

But thanks for the commiseration...both pinko and pig!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:26 PM

Whatever floats your boat. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I hate labels anyway. Too easy to stop seeing the individual behind the label.

Take care and best wishes in whatever you do.

S
Old 03-29-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I just lost 25bb in 34 hands, again.

My bankroll is all but gone at this point.

I give up; I don't know what to do at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 words: Pot Limit Omaha.

I been playing some on the side. Just donking it up really and it was a blast. Plus it took my mind off the beating I am taking in 1/2 6max.

http://www.bet-the-pot.com/pot-limit-omaha-page35.html Maybe this guy is fill of (censored). But it made enough sense to me and I was able to break about even for a couple of hours. Best part? You implied odds means you can see lots of flops. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2006, 06:36 PM

Cross posted from BBV for my Micro homiez. Villain was a TAG and likely a 2p2er. I was 95% certain he had JJ on the turn. lollercopter.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.70 BB

Results
Hero has Ac As (four of a kind, aces).
Button has Jd Jh (four of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 23.70 BB.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:36 PM

I'm so happy I could scream.

Being new to the forums there's been a few times I've asked questions or made comments and people have responded making mention of PokerTracker.

I've been too embarrassed to admit I've only had the unregistered version and, a couple of days ago, finally filled up the 1k gratis hands.

So, realising it's a must purchase I was faced with my usual problem of only having a UK debit card and no Neteller account and sighing heavily.

But then I found something in the PT forums stating they take direct transfers from Paradise! Wahoo! I've cleared $20 of bonus there so far and made another $20 through play, so I feel getting PT feels like just cream on top.

I hope he still sells that way; I've written to him to ask for details, but I note that he used to take money through Party but has stopped that for some reason.

I'm a bit weird for Poker Tracker; obviously it's immensely useful but I find I actually just enjoy looking at it, which is probably a personality trait I would be better off not talking about.

It now works with Gmail too.

Hooray.

In all other respects my life is complete crap right now so poker goodness is making me smile.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cross posted from BBV for my Micro homiez. Villain was a TAG and likely a 2p2er. I was 95% certain he had JJ on the turn. lollercopter.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (15.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 23.70 BB

Results
Hero has Ac As (four of a kind, aces).
Button has Jd Jh (four of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 23.70 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow -- that poor, poor bastard.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:20 PM

That's impressive. With JJ, he ended up with quads and was behind at every point in the hand.

Also, thank you to milesdyson. From now on, when I check-raise someone on the river like that, I'm calling it "the dreamcrusher."
Closed Thread