Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 12:08 PM

Default quick questions on UB game quality

Signed up for RB, looking to play 3-4 tables of 1/2 and/or
2/4. I looked at BW for clearance rates, are these accurate?
Are the games good? I assume PT and PAH work well there, any problems with these programs at UB?

Is the new software figured out yet?

sorry for all the questions...just don't want to waste my time.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: quick questions on UB game quality

RB isn't working this month as far as I know. They only let you play 3 tables. PT works fine but PAH always locks up on me and then stops updating.

Games are pretty good though.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:47 PM

I find there arn't many 2/4 games to choose from on UB. I assuem it is better during US peak time however.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:22 PM

OP:

PT works there but you need to get the Ultimate History program that is linked to on the PT web page. Then you need to remember to open Ult Hist, hit the "start" button on the Ult Hist program, and you need to remember to open the hand history window every time you sit at a table. You'll want to resize those HH windows to be very small because they pop up every time they are updated. If you are planning to do anything else on your computer while you are playing poker (i.e. post here or AIM or whatever you kids do these days) forget it. The HH popping up makes it nearly impossible to use the chat on the game window let alone anything else.

I use the miniview because I'm VERY limited on screen space and PAH doesn't work with this (though I have set up my UB table with NOTHING on it and run it sometimes just so it will pop up the villains holdings at showdown).

lank4ever is wrong ... RB is "working" this month. Most sites aren't getting the updated stats because of the recent "upgrade" on UB but I've been assured by my affiliate that tracking is still working. You might not get an update during the month, but its working.

1/2 & 2/4 game selection. Its been about a month since I've played these games there and their "update" issues have had a negative effect on the 3/6 game selection BUT, I went on a HUGE HUGE HUGE downswing to the point that I was worried about going bust. I dropped down to the UB 1/2 game and built back to where I was rolled for their 2/4 and then built back to 3/6. The 1/2 & 2/4 games were incredibly soft.

BONUS : they spread Kill games and I think they are a gold mine. So much so that I'll play a 2/4 Kill game over a 3/6 game. They are 10-handed tables, but you'll often find them a bit short. So you've got fish who aren't adjusting to the kill structure and aren't adjusting to the short handed structure... its wonderful!

Best of Luck to ya!
FishNChips
Old 03-29-2006, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PT works there but you need to get the Ultimate History program that is linked to on the PT web page. Then you need to remember to open Ult Hist, hit the "start" button on the Ult Hist program, and you need to remember to open the hand history window every time you sit at a table. You'll want to resize those HH windows to be very small because they pop up every time they are updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually drag the Hand Histories out of my desktop so only the borders are visible.

I am not using any Ultimate History program and it's working just fine. Or am I?

[ QUOTE ]
lank4ever is wrong ... RB is "working" this month. Most sites aren't getting the updated stats because of the recent "upgrade" on UB but I've been assured by my affiliate that tracking is still working. You might not get an update during the month, but its working.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was good news, I was a little nervous about this situation.