Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 10:25 PM

Default Re: FHM: Scarlett Johansson \'Sexiest Woman in the World\'

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The second and third picture are both hot as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Those pics aren't stunning, but she's certainly still hot in them. It's not like the Britney fat photos or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to be a hater. But, this is one of those situations where people are just getting over-excited because their talking about a celebrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over excited, as in over rating her because she's celeb status? I think you're wrong. I also think we should discuss whether status is as important for men as it is for women when rating ones looks.

I see girls on the street that are far hotter than many of 00Ts highly touted babes, I don't discount them because they're not celebs. Just like I don't think Scarlett is gorgeous just because she's an actress. Take for example the third pic, never saw the movie, but look at her in that waitress (?) outfit, it's sexy as hell, and she's avg looking it that pic.

I speak for myself when I say a woman's status has little to do with her sexual appeal.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:30 PM

This is the norm with men. They'll date, and marry, secretaries, postal clerks, and cashiers all day long. I've read before that they tend to marry below their social scale, and rarely marry beyond it.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the norm with men. They'll date, and marry, secretaries, postal clerks, and cashiers all day long. I've read before that they tend to marry below their social scale, and rarely marry beyond it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they not marrying beyond it because they cannot get beyond their percieved social scale? Or are they not marrying beyond it because they choose too?

Personally, I think a majority of men aren't comfortable enough with themselves to go after the girls that they hold higher than themselves. The women above their "percieved" social scale.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:38 PM

I think it's partly because they're part of a two-part equation: women much, much less rarely marry below their social station but quite often marry above their station. That means in general men are forced to marry down because women marry up. Confidence may play some part, but I'm sure most men would be more than happy chasing whatever looks good regardless of station; it's just that that doesn't tend to pay off for men all that much, so by and large they stick to what does.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:43 PM

Well I'm certain money, fame, status, and power drives women to marry above their status much more than men because those things are much more important to women and women find them to be attractive traits. Women love successful men.

I think Kevin Federlein (sp) is one of few men that tend to disregard economic superiority in the relationship. Whereas most men prefer having the upper hand, and play the provider roll.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:48 PM

Am I the only one who watched Lost because I thought it was a "funny" movie, only to find out it wasn't that type of movie and kept watching it hoping the hot chick got naked?