Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 06:46 PM

Default LIMCASH - how to play versus to different opponents

I'm not really sure how to put this, but here it goes:

Normally I play 5/10 FL full ring, but to learn LIMCASH I have settled for making 1000BB at 0.50/1. Here I have run into the problem of not being good enough at changing my game to the opponent, so first question:

1. Should I change according to the opponent, or should I be playing the same game no matter who I'm playing against (i.e. same preflop and flop action perhaps with a more mixed turn and river game based on the opponent)?

What I did in that situation yesterday was to play most hands like my opponent and always seeing the turn (more or less). I knew this was -EV for a number of hands but assumed it was +EV in the long run, as I thought he would start folding more often if I slowed down. I beat him quickly for 100BB though he took 50 back later on.
3. Then the next two opponents were also very aggresive (though not maniacs), and I bet most hands also to see the turn. I don't know if I got unlucky, but they took me for 75BB each in a little less than 200 hands each. They got cards, but how do one stand up against it (i.e. the way they played)?

4. I both tried to fold more often both preflop and on the flop as well as I tried to call them down, but no succes whatsoever. The problem as I see it is that I cannot fold everytime I do not hit anything on the flop. Am I correct in that assumption? On the other hand it also got very ecpensive when I called them down as they in those cases most often held a hand, though also showing crap sometimes.

Dependent on what the answers are from you on these questions I might have a further one when playing against tight players.