Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Who is Next/Exclusive?

See here's the thing with that, most of the people showing up from the same IP address would be people who ARE NOT cheating, as the people colluding with large bankrolls could do a much better job. Say having one cable internet, one DSL, one T1, along with some Verizon Broadband. If you have a large enough bankroll to afford the 1k buyin, you certainly have the resources to invest a few hundred a month running a few different accounts in order to greatly increase your ability to cheat.

If Stars were to start closing accounts at the slightest suspicion of problems, then they'd get Prima's repuation of trying to steal money from their players. I'm not saying that Stars is handling things perfectly, of course they're not. But I do believe that it is a bit more difficult than some people are making it out to be.

While I'm posting about this drama, why the outrage over coaching? Maybe I'm just naive, but how big of an advantage is it really? I mean sure the coach is probably a better poker player, but they don't really have any reads on the other people, they aren't going to be as "locked in" as someone who's been playing well for hours, probably not as focused because it's not their tourney to win, etc. It just doesn't seem to be nearly the advantage that it's made out to be, that's all.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:23 PM

Every time I read something like this, the most amazing thing to me is that ZeeJustin and JJProdigy got caught at all.
I guess they would still be playing on Stars if Party hadn't banned them both first.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:31 PM

Wait a tick...

People are cool with the following facts:

Noah Boeken has been caught multiaccounting.
Noah Boeken has been known to play as both Exclusive and Who is next.
Noah Boeken admits that he had a "significant percentage" of who is next's action while playing the tournament as Exclusive.
PokerStars says that they do not have a one player to a hand rule as this is unenforceable.

This is cool with everybody? Just checking.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wait a tick...

Noah Boeken admits that he had a "significant percentage" of who is next's action while playing the tournament as Exclusive.
PokerStars says that they do not have a one player to a hand rule as this is unenforceable.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm friggin' pissed.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:40 PM

wait, do we have absolute proof that Noah had anything to do with yesterday from a PLAYING standpoint???

Amongst the recent shitstorm, do you really think he would be so dumb as to play multi accounts again???

Is this coaching thing really that big of a deal (if that's what is happening)???

Are we gonna just start banning people that are suspicious??? Is this gonna turn into the Prima Sites???

I'm sure they're doing the best they can to insure the fairness and integrity of their site.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wait a tick...

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether or not it affects anything, I have boycotted Pokerstars and moved to UltimateBet
Old 03-27-2006, 04:57 PM

I think there is a legit reason to boycott almost every site.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is a legit reason to boycott almost every site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm boycotting UB because I ran bad there.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:58 PM

Oh, and in terms of lack of ethical resposibility, Stars has handled the Twin Caracas- H@LL thing way way way way worse. In that case they actually have substantial evidence, here there isn't anything completely solid.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course Stars can find out whether they played on different computers or not and I am sure they did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about finding out if the same person was the one playing in the 2 different computers (or ISPs for that matter)

[/ QUOTE ]

Being a programmer myself, I can think of a few ways that would give pretty compelling evidence that one player was playing multiple accounts. It wouldn't matter if they play different computers from different IP addresses. My method, though, would probably required that a site target specific accounts for special monitoring as it would probably generate too much data to be used on everybody playing. Well, maybe it wouldn't be too much data now that I think about it...

But since there is a known link between the accounts in this case, the special monitoring could be auto started.

I seriously doubt any of the sites do this. But I would be really impressed if they did.