Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2006, 12:39 PM

Default Re: From the 2+2 table

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The thing that hits me from reading this thread (as an inexperienced but actively studying player) is how unprepared for this sort of discussion the books I've read (Lee Jones WLLHE and Hilger's Internet Texas Hold'Em) have left me.

Now, my first reaction would be "well, I'm just playing 10c/20c, I don't need to worry about this just yet."

But I feel I need to be somewhere inbetween; ie understanding a lot more of this thread than I actually do.

Or maybe "understanding" is the wrong word. I feel more like I can't even relate to it.

Which is a bit scary.

If anyone can point me towards some reading that would be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just play more and participate more. Back when I first started at .25/.50 I didn't get any of this either. After you blow through 20,000 hands a lot more of this stuff makes sense. Just keep participating in discussions and playing, all of the knowledge comes along for the ride, assuming you don't just flat out suck or are retarded, which I doubt you are either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence no matter how misplaced it might prove to be...

I think my post wasn't very helpful in identifying why I find it so daunting.

Essentially, I've never played a hand where I've considered a percentage figure in my mind. Pot odds, fine. Implied odds, I'm using at a basic level ("ooh, I can justify this marginal gutshot because I'll probably get two bets"). But this "Heads up I can expect to win this 40% of the time" hand equity stuff just never comes into it.