Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 02:12 PM

Default Re: NCAA Update

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why would your scenario list Nova ahead of Florida?

[/ QUOTE ]

For your picks? Actually, I don't see Florida listed at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, yours. You would prefer Florida beat Nova the way I see it. But your scenario list UConn, UCLA, Nova.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I see. I guess it doesn't show the exact best scenario? There are 22 favorable scenarios for me, including this one. It may be predicting kind of funky as we are mid-4th round.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Only 1 BB/100 over your last 10k? Vent in here! (NC Thread)

So, after reading the section about playing a short stack in GSIH I sit down at a NL25-table at party. After 55 hands my VPIP is a fat zero. Hmm... will my opponents really give me action after i've played this tight? Well, I guess they will [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP2 ($7.32)
Hero ($4.40)
CO ($31.60)
Button ($30.33)
SB ($17.70)
BB ($4.75)
UTG ($24.50)
UTG+1 ($24.75)
UTG+2 ($41.45)
MP1 ($24.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls $1.

Flop: ($2.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero calls $3.15 (All-In), MP2 calls $3.15.

Turn: ($9.15) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($9.15) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $9.15

Results below:
MP2 has Ac 9d (one pair, nines).
Hero has Qd Qc (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins $9.15.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the latest tourney update. My pool is rigged. GO BRUINS!!!

Also, there's a new report called 'player scenarios' where you see that 4/6 players are drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow -- my best case scenario has me finishing last. I sure can pick 'em... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2006, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, there's a new report called 'player scenarios' where you see that 4/6 players are drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow -- my best case scenario has me finishing last. I sure can pick 'em... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I thought I was gonna finish last
Old 03-27-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and fate is sealed before the last 3 games have even tipped off...

But wtf are Florida and George Mason doing in the final four. Bottomset nailed it at the 2+2 table with, "variance is a ***** in college bb too"
Old 03-27-2006, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't like that $10 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

please keep my $10.

I'd rather you sent me ben's. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

actually, please do keep it. consider it a gratuity from the rest of us for hosting the show.

Thanks, Bobby.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather you sent me ben's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we should of made a last longer on our Cats. Then you would have doubled up for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Figures, I pick all favorites and no #1's are in final four.

Yeah, thanks for setting that up, twas fun!!
Old 03-27-2006, 01:26 AM

I would be rootin for an all SEC final but I've got $50 riding on George Mason.

[ QUOTE ]
Our version of the office pool where I work goes like this:

Doesn't start till round of 16. 16 people pony up $50. 16 names go in one hat, 16 teams go in another hat. Draw a name, draw a team. Whichever team you get drawn with is your horse. Winner gets $400, runnerup $200, 3rd and 4th get $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

I drew Bradley and good buddy of mine drew George Mason. We decided to pool our draws just in case one happened to make it we would both break even. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

He's wishin' he woulda stayed with his own horse now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So here's hopin' for a LSU/GM final. (I'll gladly forego 1st place money if LSU can win it all.) geaux tigers !!!111!!!1!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:22 AM

Default Whinge

Gah! I just cannot hit a damn thing at the moment.

Just spent 90 minutes at a table where this guy spewed $11* of his stack (and lots, lots more of other people's chips that he'd jackpotted off them); I would have had to hit a strong hand a mere twice in the three hours** this was going on to be wonderfully in profit, instead I dribbled away a couple of dollars.

* I'm only playing 10c / 20c
** Even when a tight player suddenly sprang into action he showed precious litle caution, so I'm fairly confident he would have dumped his chips onto me.

Took me ages to settle into a ripe game too. Spent 2 hours at other tables where the play was pretty bad but SLOOOOOW. People typing f***ing odes to their grandchildren, and how they've retired to sodding Miami.

I am having to use all my reserves of rationality not to conclude that Pacific used to give me nicer flops than Paradise ever will.

I'm not even getting any draws let alone any hands.

Heads up against a solid player I had overcards and called a flop and turn bet cos I felt he didn't have much and it was a raggy board. I had AQ, K fell on the river. I raised his river bet: I make a bluff with the approximate regularity of a solar eclipse (I'm working on it). He called. Showed down 66 unimproved.

Royally annoyed I said "it's true: you really CAN'T bluff an idiot." Little did I know he was actually looking at the chat box. So he took exception to this. I squirmed a bit, cos I know I've being obnoxious. He says,

"Are you referring to the river raise?"

"Yes."

"I put you on high cards because of the pre-flop raise."

"Yes. High cards. Like the K that fell on the river. The river that I raised."

He had no answer to that. So he read me perfectly. But not so perfectly that he felt the need to p!ssing well act on it. The pot wasn't very big so it wouldn't have been hard to lay down. In the end I apologised profusely to him; I don't like to get out of line and insult people. It was uncharacteristic and I'm not proud. He accepted and I was adorable after that.

Anyway, overall I'm only a little under break even, in spite of the fact that the decks have been so cold the skin on my fingers have become welded to the cards. I shall cling onto that thought like a large teddy bear. And I successfully bought free cards against the LAGS every time I tried (I read that this is not easy to get right) even if they didn't hit me.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Whinge

Was the noob spectator session successful enough that there'll be another one?

I found out about it too late [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

As an update to my previous post directly above, the draws are appearing, some are even hitting, the king is in his castle and all is right with the world.
Closed Thread