Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2006, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Time for a good old fashioned rant: stop it with the \"fold pf\"

[ QUOTE ]
mmbapsmashicasda-

12/6 is so boring. im not even saying this because it's unprofitable. im saying it because you migt just be sitting there at a table and you might just die of boredom. i dont want to be responsible for not lettin someone know that they might die playing rock poker. its terrible. play some gad damn hands. use a started chart even! even starting charts are LAG compared to 12/6. jesus christ man! wtf man! you are like a pirate without scurvy. youre like a jew without a (sp) yamakka. youre like a douche without a bag. youre like a woman without a vagina. your like a man without a sack. youre likey a little doggy without his paws (omg so cute). youre like a computer wihtout a keyboard. like a berr bottle without the beer. a mug without the coffee. a shoe without toneails. i mean i dont knwo what to tel you other than i love you and i want you to livke. plerase. just survive. dont die of rockdom. rock needs roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

"(omg so cute)" was the best part.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does entity stop down here anymore? His strat posts def made me loosen up my game (22/13 and loving it on .5/1 FR)

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't seen him in a long while, or you for that matter. Where you been?
Old 03-23-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does entity stop down here anymore? His strat posts def made me loosen up my game (22/13 and loving it on .5/1 FR)

[/ QUOTE ]

22/13? That's where I'm at. And sometimes I feel like I'm playing a little tight because I'm not used to 4-tabling (passing on certain steal/iso raises and things like that).

It's far better than the 16/8 days of old.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over my first 1,000 hands I'm at 12/6.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure it's possible to be much better than break even with these stats at limit hold em.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmbapsmashicasda-

12/6 is so boring. im not even saying this because it's unprofitable. im saying it because you migt just be sitting there at a table and you might just die of boredom. i dont want to be responsible for not lettin someone know that they might die playing rock poker. its terrible. play some gad damn hands. use a started chart even! even starting charts are LAG compared to 12/6. jesus christ man! wtf man! you are like a pirate without scurvy. youre like a jew without a (sp) yamakka. youre like a douche without a bag. youre like a woman without a vagina. your like a man without a sack. youre likey a little doggy without his paws (omg so cute). youre like a computer wihtout a keyboard. like a berr bottle without the beer. a mug without the coffee. a shoe without toneails. i mean i dont knwo what to tel you other than i love you and i want you to livke. plerase. just survive. dont die of rockdom. rock needs roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

"(omg so cute)" was the best part.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had that as second, "douche without a bag" was my #1 by a very slim margin.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
:noob alert:

What is the story with killing kittens?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's mostly my fault. It was orginally river value bets, but it's been generalized to misc. poker or semi-poker atrocities.

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...page=&vc=1
Old 03-23-2006, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...page=&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, it's fun to see those historic posts sealed in a previous forum plasticated timeless zone where Wook is a Veteran, Boz is an enthusiast, and miles is a {OMGWTFLOLZ!!} member !!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:06 PM

Eegah, boz's statement passes the 11 word mantra test.
"don't bet the river if you're not prepared to call a raise"
Old 03-27-2006, 11:56 AM

I thought I was very tight. But my trial download of Poker Tracker - now full up with its 1k freebie hands - shows I'm 22% / 6%... and I felt that that period was one of extraordinarily rotten hands.

I second the thought that going much below 20% must be painfully tedious.

There were 2 guys I used to see at the 5c/10c tables on Pacific often. They just sat and sat and sat. Occasionally they'd pre-flop raise. The flop would come down A high and they'd fold instead of checking or betting when first to act. I could just see them cursing their pocket Kings.

Obviously I would fold every time they bet, but they were fortunate that few other people at those tables is taking much notice so they still got some action every 3 hours. Mostly seeing their pocket aces getting cracked. But hey, action is action.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:55 PM

I really cannot get my VP$IP above about 16% without really loosening up - playing Axs and little pocket pairs UTG, playing ATo UTG, and so on. And as for raising, it's at about 8%: I steal a lot (now at least) and raise first in in MP with plenty of hands. I guess I need to start raising in LP more with hands like JTs, but that's not making up 4% or so.

What the hell are people with 22/12% playing in EP? QTs is usually about my cutoff point, though if the table is unusually passive I'll certainly increase the number of hands. And when against a PFR player of about 7% and you have Pocket 9s, he raises before you, do you fold or reraise?