Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Noah\'s 2nd account taking on Raymer

[ QUOTE ]
We have gone to extraordinary lengths here to ensure that everything was above board. We are persuaded, within a reasonable tolerance, that Exclusive played one account and 'Who is next' played one account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you?

I would like to know what were those "extraordinary" lengths.

Are you saying basically that multiaccounting is ok, as long as you have somebody willing to answer the phone and tell PS he is the one playing?

What was Noah explanation about why he use the "who is next" nick in Ultimate Bet? Does this fact sound strange to you Lee?

[ QUOTE ]
We don't know and we don't really care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expressions like this are very unfortunate, no wonder there are all these poker schools "helping" people to make final tables.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Expressions like this are very unfortunate, no wonder there are all these poker schools "helping" people to make final tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he should just lie, that would be better.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We have gone to extraordinary lengths here to ensure that everything was above board. We are persuaded, within a reasonable tolerance, that Exclusive played one account and 'Who is next' played one account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you?

I would like to know what were those "extraordinary" lengths.

Are you saying basically that multiaccounting is ok, as long as you have somebody willing to answer the phone and tell PS he is the one playing?

What was Noah explanation about why he use the "who is next" nick in Ultimate Bet? Does this fact sound strange to you Lee?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is he honestly suppost to verify it more then that? Fly in to the destination and take pictures of the person playing? Also, look at FoxyPlayer and Chipmovr, chipmovr played as foxyplayer on UB, are they the same person now?
Old 03-27-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Noah\'s 2nd account taking on Raymer *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids
Old 03-27-2006, 09:44 AM

Lee Jones,

You still HAVE NOT answered the High Stakes No Limit Forum's questions about the softplaying that goes on in your 10/20 NL games.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:47 AM

Lee, there is no way to know that Noah didn't play both accounts unless you quiz the purported player of the WhoIsNext account on specific hands that took place. If there were truly two seperate players you should call up Noah's buddy and quiz him about certian hands, i.e. what hand did his JJ hold up against in the 2nd hour? If you did this that is fantastic, if not then may I ask what it was you did that "went to great lengths" to assure honesty?
Old 03-27-2006, 09:51 AM

Lee Jones,

Being that Noah is a known cheater, why not ban all of his account?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lee Jones,

You still HAVE NOT answered the High Stakes No Limit Forum's questions about the softplaying that goes on in your 10/20 NL games.

[/ QUOTE ]

KKF,

He has answered them a little, but not fully. I started a thread a month ago tying together all these issues, and he still hasn't replied in that thread while replying in many others.

Poker Stars and Game Integrity - The Emperor With No Clothes
Old 03-27-2006, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to chat about this tournament, there are a lot of things to discuss, including ... the spectacular finish that E-Daddie delivered to outrun Greg "Fossilman" Raymer. Those are the really interesting bits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Odd. I don't find this subject the least bit interesting.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 03-27-2006, 10:49 AM

Lee, do you mind reminding us of other rules PokerStars doesn't care about, like soft-playing, etc.
I will say this, as bad as Ultimate Bet's technical problems have been, they have been the best site I know of for handling corruption. For example, I was playing at Full Tilt a few days ago. There were two guys, whenever they were in a hand together, they told each other what they had. For example, there's a raise, one of them reraises and types into the chat, "fold, I have AA." Sure enough, he wasn't lying. Few hands later they're both in a hand, third flush card hits and one asks, "did you make the flush?" Other responds, "yes." First one folds. Sure enough, second shows flush. They were doing this crap for a long time. What was FTP's response?
[ QUOTE ]
Hello XXX,

Thanks for your email.

I have reviewed the chat logs for these particular
players 'XXX' and
'YYY' and do notice that these players are out of line with
their chat.

I have issued both of these players a stern warning
at this time, and should they commit such chat violation again, I will
not only revoke their chat but will also forfeit any winnings they
gain.

We appreciate it very much that you brought this to
our attention and wish you the best of luck on our tables.

Regards,

James
Collusion Investigator

[/ QUOTE ]
You have got to be kidding me. I had a similar experience with UB and they banned the offenders immediately.
I responded to Full Tilt with:
[ QUOTE ]
Well, since you guys don't mind people discussing
their hands in play, may I have my chat privelages back so I can discuss my hands while they're in play?

[/ QUOTE ]
To which FTP responds:
[ QUOTE ]
Hello XXX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your chat privileges have been reinstated at this time.

Please realize that any future chat infractions may result in your chat
privileges being banned permanently. Please use your chat privileges
responsibly.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck on the tables. If you
need anything else, please let us know.

Regards,

JamesM
Team Full Tilt

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a joke. It almost seems sometimes that as long as they're getting theirs, they could care less what goes on. It's only when someone complains publicly. Do you really think, with todays technology, online poker sites need to be informed about multi-accounts?
Now, if you've made it this far in my rambling post, I'll make my point. Why does it matter? Well, first of all, I think El Diablo has made some very interesting points about fair play and integrity in the game and why it's important. We are trying to legitimize the game we play. There are forces out there that want to make it a crime to play poker online, yet there are many, many, many fine players that want poker to be seen as a legitimate competition, which it is. Not everyone can play great poker, just like not everyone can play baseball or football at the professional level. Chess was never played in the backrooms of shady bars and underground chess clubs. I've never heard of the police breaking up an unsanctioned football game. Poker is still considered by many to be something dirty. We as poker players are trying to correct that and the dishonesty and cheating that have become publicized are steps in the wrong direction to accomplishing our goal. Because we are trying to improve the image of poker is the reason why these things matter and people like Lee Jones should understand that and get their thumbs out of their asses and join the fight.