Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Do I ever shutdown with this two pair heads up?

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.75 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (7.25 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.63 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (7.63 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___raises
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls

River - (12.63 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (14.63 BB)

I was 100% sure I was behind once his door card paired, but thought I had odds to call and try to catch second pair.

The reason I didn't give him credits for trips is because I noted that villain was very aggressive with high pocket pairs (JJ-AA).

I was pretty sure I was ahead on 6th, but then he kept raising back at me with my A-door card and open 6's that had me worried.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Do I ever shutdown with this two pair heads up?

Unless this guy is a total maniac, I am folding fourth. You are either a little bit behind there or a whole bunch behind.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:40 PM

I dont get the 3bet on 6th. He's already told you that aces up is no good. Why ask him again.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:24 AM

What site is this that lifts the cap heads-up?

Fourth is probably a fold. He's either got the other two Aces in the hole or brain damage. Or he could conceivably have Quads. What do you think he thinks you have when you keep raising with an Ace door card? Maybe he has some other pair in the hole, in which case you're still behind. So you're almost certainly behind and probably crushed. Save your money.

The raise on sixth is optimistic. When he three-bets, he is telling you that Aces-up is no good. Raising again is just spewing.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:56 AM

Crypto has unlimited raising heads-up. It can really make your fiscal year when somebody makes quads against your straight flush.

I'd like to join the group that thinks the 6th street raising is very iffy. If you firmly believe the villain is going postal with a concealed pocket pair, then I can understand the calling down, but stick to the calling down. It's obvious what you have and he doesn't slow down for a split second - neither on 3rd nor 6th.

I hope you won, but I have my doubts. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The reason I didn't give him credits for trips is because I noted that villain was very aggressive with high pocket pairs (JJ-AA).

[/ QUOTE ]

You should also consider what he thought he was against when he was aggressive with the high pair. Did he have JJ and think he was up against AA, like he clearly is here? Even something like (JJ) 99 on 4th has you a little behind. Unless you've seen him play very strangely in the past you can put him on only a few hands here, all of which beat you on fourth. Be flexible with your reads. Just because he was very aggressive with big pairs in the past doesn't mean that that's what he has this time. Regardless of that, and as others have pointed out, you are either a little behind (if your read is correct), or crushed. I would fold 4th. Believe me, getting away from big pairs when will save you a lot of money in this game.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:31 AM

Thanks for the criticisms, I didn't realise how bad my call was on 4th but I had villain pegged as a maniac and guess I just wouldn't give him credit for a pocket 9..

My 2nd raise on 6th was sorta reflexive since I just caught two pair, but then realised what an idiot I was for 4-betting.

Anyway, villain turned over A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for Q9 two pair, MHIG. I guess he didn't believe I had two of the remaining 3 Aces either.