Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Hit a wall

Hi ya'll,

I'm playing Stars 5-table (45 people) Sit and Go's. I can consistently get to the final 2 tables, but I'm totally short-stacked (usually in the last 3-5 of the pack) and I get ante'd and blinded out- forced to make a move on a lesser hand.

I'd like to consistently make the money (finally did last night- made 4th place before my exit) before I move up- but I need to get past this freakin' wall!

I'm reading books (SSH, HoH, Theory of Poker), and I'm analyzing hands (here and my own hand histories), and I'm reading the boards here a few days a week.

The only thing I can see is that I need to push more, but when I do some other bozo has a better hand (if I have two-pair, their kicker is better. If I have a straight, they have a flush...)

Ugh.

Any ideas?
Old 03-26-2006, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Hit a wall

play more.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Hit a wall

I won a good deal in the low buyin 1 and 2 table tourneys over the course of about six months when I first started building my bankroll. I also had a couple of losing months in which I had probably played at least 100 tournaments. You really won't know how you're doing for at least a few months or a few hundred tourneys. Don't think you're a genius when you have a really great week, and don't think you can't play when you have a really bad week. A winning player can certainly have a losing month, so don't worry about it. Play at a level you can afford, keep learning, and most importantly, keep track of your results.

Holdemphile