Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2006, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Third time: 10k hands, please give me feedback

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess he was reffering to these:

Folded SB to steal: 80.0
Folded BB to steal: 81.63
Went to showdown %: 26.62 <--- kinda low.
Won $ at showdown %: 60.43 <--- kinda high

And if you combine the last 2 stats, you can come to a conclusion that OP is folding too many winning hands.
Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to get to more showdowns, but I guess I haven't tried hard enough. Does anybody have some suggestions for when to stick with a moderate hand? Any tips on deviating further from fit-or-fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm inexperienced, so I would look for confirmation of what I say...

But I'd say that continuing in a pot with a moderate hand, for me, is down to two things:

1. Is there only one or two people with me seeing the flop? (The fewer the players the more likely my moderate hand is good and the more likely that the other guys will try and bluff me off).

2. Is the person betting into me someone I have identified as, to put it coloquially, inclined to take the p!ss. If so, I'm much more likely to be ahead with second pair or top pair poor kicker.

Last night I did a gleeful dance around my room when I called someone on the river, winning the pot with A high after thinking for a long time. I couldn't disguise my pleasure in the chat box and I was still beaming when, soon after, he left the table. I like to imagine him slinking off in shame, but for all I know his bathroom flooded.

Look out for people who seem to magically hit every flop and bet out when first to act almost every time; they're invariably incurable kleptomaniacs. If you put them on a steal, raise them: I find they usually call your raise but then check the turn; you can either use this time to bet out, if you have a hand, or take a free card if you don't.

As I say; this advice comes with a warning; I'm very much a learner at the moment, and I'm only playing 10c/20c so things might be difficult at your heights.