Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2006, 04:58 AM

Default Does increasing RAM work to stop Party slowdown??

I read that someone has 2gb of RAM and went to task manager to set it to "above normal" and BAM no more slow down. Is this true? If any of you know if this works, can you let me know before I waste money unecessarily? Also, the slowdown seems to be if you RESIZE the tables. So anybody 10 tabling on the smallest size tables and running smoothly, can you please let me know?? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:29 AM

Default Re: Does increasing RAM work to stop Party slowdown??

I have 4GB of dual channel RDRAM and i've never experienced any problems [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2006, 05:48 AM

'Above normal' has to do with CPU not RAM usage, and yes this can help. Party performance or lack there of has nothing to do with RAM unless you have <512mb.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:04 AM

Its probably a [censored] load of spyware and other stuff like that which is slowing you down as poker apps dont use much RAM, they have a lot of them of the poker sites you prob been to, there are three free programs you can use

1. Ad-aware - Free, gives your computer HD a spring clean

2. Spybot search and destroy - Free, finds a lot of poker app spyware

3. Ace utilities, free but be carful when your deleting files and/or have someone who knows what their doing when you gonna use it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. It's not bad, it's just some people end up deleting important files.

ALL of these can be found by google search
Old 03-23-2006, 08:33 AM

Ad-aware : http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Spybot search and destroy : http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
Old 03-23-2006, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 4GB of dual channel RDRAM and i've never experienced any problems [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-25-2006, 08:11 PM

I'm assuming the comments about 4G of RDRAM is a joke? This sounds like serious overkill. For those of you who don't have slowdown problems, can you let me know if you play 10 tables RESIZED?? Please give me SERIOUS advice! Thanks for the ad-ware advice, didn't help. I need to know if i need to buy a whole new powerhouse system or just upgrade my RAM on my 1.6G laptop. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming the comments about 4G of RDRAM is a joke? This sounds like serious overkill. For those of you who don't have slowdown problems, can you let me know if you play 10 tables RESIZED?? Please give me SERIOUS advice! Thanks for the ad-ware advice, didn't help. I need to know if i need to buy a whole new powerhouse system or just upgrade my RAM on my 1.6G laptop. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much nothing will help, as the memory leak will eventually kick in and cause the same problems on any system (however powerful). Maybe faster systems with more ram will make the inevitable slowdown and/or crash take longer, but it wont fix it.

My suggestion:

Everybody who suffers from this send Party Support an email (with screenshots) <u>everyday single day</u>, if they don't reply send to another department, if they do reply with some rubbish "rubber stamper", keep resending the same old email (with all the replies) back to them...

If they get this every single day then eventually they will have to listen (maybe even higher level management might listen...). The reason they don't seem to care atm, is because its only effecting a few (ie: 8+ multi-tablers), and it costs them less to just ignore the problem than it will to put it right - if they get swamped with support emails, then they might just rethink...

Just my 2cents - Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2006, 01:07 AM

I can tell you that after the last Party update (in the past week), I can play more hands before the system bogs. I play 6-8 tables, often with 10 open as I scout.

I used to have to crash Party by 500 hands, but now I can get well over 1000 before it's necessary.

But I do NOT resize my windows, so I don't know if it's any more stable than before.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:18 AM

Why dont we make a new thread, plain and simple saying Who here is having party poker memory leak problems, we can all post screen shots of over 500 000K usage and send them a link to the webpage...

I agree atm party dont give a [censored], i have sent them at least 10 emails, and a few screen shots, to no avail....

Oh and to anyone who thinks its SPYWARE, IT IS NOT.... Party pokerclient has amemory leak plain and simple