Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2006, 05:51 AM

Default need help with usc/tx tease options

Hey all, I have a tease running FSU +17.5 which already covered with USC -.5 and am considering trying for a middle with a pro game taking Texas and ??? Is it best to just hope Trojans win or does it make sense to shoot for the middle...it's very small stakes so it would be fun to try to win two...thanks in advance...Booger
Old 01-04-2006, 06:17 AM

Default Re: need help with usc/tx tease options

im betting some on a usc/pats tease

Edit: misread your post, id consider texas/pats though if you want to tease something with tex
Old 01-04-2006, 07:01 AM

I think it's a better play to tease a USC win. They're the Patriots of College Football. But what do I know I'm a homer.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:09 AM

If I was on your end I would sit on it.
I did a Hedge Tease of Penn State -2.5 USC -.5
Because Earlier I had a $30.00 to win $1000 Underdog 3 Team Parlay which the first 2 games had already won, plus a smaller 2 team Parlay with the Rams ML last weekend with Texas ML.
I'm now +12.3 units if Texas Wins +8 units if USC wins with no speads involved (well USC -.5, which is basically no spread). This was huge for me because 95% of my wagers are 1 unit, my car got stolen on New Years Eve so this will be going right to the replacement fund. * I don't do the insurance coverage thing. Probably something I will do in the future. $200 per year x 10 years with no car stolen = $2000 saved now my car worth $3500 is gone I'm down $1500 now lol.. Hopefully Texas Wins but my luck should lead to a sure USC win we'll see. If Texas wins I'm gonna use the extra 4.3 units reckless to see what I can muster up. The 8 units guaranteed I'll put right to the car fund.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:06 PM

If you want to midde the game with the bet you already have going, why bother with another teaser. Just take Tex+7 (the 7.5's all seem to gone, though you might consider buying to +7.5).

The points you're getting with a teaser on Tex aren't valuable enough to justify a teaser because a.) you're going from 7 to 13 (14 might be better but 7pt teasers are expensive). b.) this is going to be high scoring game where points are worth as much.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:51 PM

The best pro team to tease this week is New England. They may not cover but they sure as hell aren't going to lose.