Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Ask PITTM: Headphones, basketball, smoking weed.

P.I.T.T.M. - you got banned? I donno - I started reading OOT way after my registration date - but was it cause of that jakethebake stuff? Whatever. You seem cool - respek.

-Al
Old 03-25-2006, 04:27 AM

hi rj,

my friend just harvested his third batch of herb. he is damn good now. i am smoking it and playing poker.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:35 AM

i got banned, and then unbanned after a week. i had a song stuck in my head and asked if someone could send it to me. i have an asston of music, but i didnt have "You Dropped a Bomb on Me" by The Gap Band and neither did any record store around here. another poster sent me a fantastic, high bitrate mp3 right away <3. then astroglide banned me for a week. it seemed like a warning would have sufficed? whatev. <3 right back.

rj
Old 03-25-2006, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want headphones that I can wear to sleep without them bugging me. I thought ear buds'd work, but I can't adjust positions without losing the wire. The only wireless heaphones i've found are pretty bulky and are uncomfortable to wear lying down.

Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

same problem here. there isnt really much you can do, i tend to sleep on my side so wearing headphones becomes even more uncomfortable. i just dont wear headphones to bed as ive never found one to be comfortable. i imagine just wearing a small pair like my akg 26ps would be decently comfortable, but none will be comfortable. sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cool man. Glad to know somebody else has this problem.

Be great if there were a solution since this problem keeps either me or my roommate from sleepin most nights (I'm an insomniac and falling asleep's rather delicate for me.).
Old 03-25-2006, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hi rj,

my friend just harvested his third batch of herb. he is damn good now. i am smoking it and playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

victor, you are my hero. i met you in vegas when i was retardedly drunk and playing 4/8 pineapple hi/lo yes? if not, youre still my hero. remember to let the weed dry, and tell your friend to buy bubble hash bags so that he can make bubble hash with the leaves instead of throwing them away! <3

rj
Old 03-25-2006, 04:45 AM

How would you describe the feeling you get from smoking pot to someone that had never done it? What is it compared to being drunk? Also, if you had never experienced smoking pot and had a fairly good life, would you start smoking after considering the possibility of overuse, legality, and possible damage?
thanks...
Old 03-25-2006, 04:54 AM

Sony MDR-EX71SL/WK Fontopia Headphones

Are they any good? I purchased them about a year ago and never used them. They're still sitting in the package. Should I take the effort to take them out of the package?
Old 03-25-2006, 05:11 AM

Default Headphone murderer.

In the last year, I have destroyed two pairs of Sony Fontopia earbuds (the first pair ended up getting the insulation going round the back of my head to the right ear stripped off after combining with sweat and dirt to break down the insulation, yuck; the second pair died by the left channel breaking in under 2 weeks).

I also bought a pair of Bose QuietAcoustic 2 headphones, which proved to be the least durable full sized headphones i've ever had; they are still working but i have shattered pretty much all of the plastic shell on the sides in the space of 3 months.

I require a set of headphones OR well-fitted earphones which are:

- durable [this is key, I wear headphones ~8hrs a day, including the times they are hanging round my neck and not being used. Down the gym, out in the city, being able to fall asleep with them on is also important as the Bose ones didn't like that, i reckon.]

- have a mono/stereo switching ability [one of the reasons my Bose ones shattered is because I listen to stuff with one earset and semi-twist the other earset off my ear itself, so I can listen to someone I'm with talk. The downsides of this are a) it breaks headphones quicker and b) if i'm listening to something in stereo i lose half the sound. The ability to switch to mono means I don't lose any of the channel, just some of the experience!]

- have excellent sound quality [music is my fondest passion. Even the Bose headphones weren't the best thing ever]

- If earphones, fit extremely well [the Fontopia earphones fitted nicely but died quickly anyway. other earphones that are hard plastic ALWAYS physically hurt my ear because they are bad fitting]; if headphones, are nicely padded and comfortable.

- Have at least a 1-year warranty so i can test the limits.

Is there anything out there for a rabid-and-seemingly destructive music junkie? My only idea is to commission a pair of moulded earphones with a mono/stereo switch; this is likely to cost a fair whack and not come with a great warranty.

Your advice would be appreciated.
Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 03-25-2006, 06:43 AM

RJ,

What advice would you give to a 6'2" white guy who has dreamed of dunking his whole life but could never quite get there?
Old 03-25-2006, 06:51 AM

sorry but its unlikely we met in vegas as i didnt leave the bellagagio.

good advice on the hash. he already does it but all should know.