Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Ask Pete a question about homosexuality

[ QUOTE ]
I think there's a difference between being a fundamentalist christian and make a post explicitly to expressed bigoted beliefs.

[/ QUOTE ]
what do you find that is bigoted? i read many of his first posts and then have skimmed all of the rest and dont see anytihng offensive in the rest. please quote what is bigoted in them?

ill make make fun of him and ridicule him for thinking he can convert sexualities granted, but i dont see anything BIGOTED in his posts.

bwana
Old 03-25-2006, 03:24 AM

Hm..
Old 03-25-2006, 03:34 AM

bwana,

We apparently have different standards on bigotry. I have a really hard time buying that you don't see it.

Blarg,

If you feel like you can define what the OP did simply as expressing fundamentalist christian beliefs, which isn't how I'd define it... Then yes, I'm ok banning him for being a Fundamentalist Christain.

I try to be open minded, but there are aspects of some religions that under any analysis I can undertake, I just feel are "wrong" on any normal binary "right/wrong" scale. The notion that homosexuality is something that needs to be cured is one of those things.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there are aspects of some religions that under any analysis I can undertake, I just feel are "wrong" on any normal binary "right/wrong" scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what percentage of people have to find a holding a certain opinion morally wrong for expressing it to be a bannable offense?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:54 AM

By my standards? One fat guy.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:57 AM

Default Re: for Bison Bison

[ QUOTE ]
After I got out of prison, a former friend of mine came back into my life and told me that just because I was getting drilled 4 times a week on the inside, I didn't have to continue that behaviour on the outside, that it was a choice. In hindsight, I really should thank him for it, because except for a few bathhouse relapses, I've been swinging from only one side of the plate ever since.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how many people actually saw this previous post by the OP.

WiteKnite
Old 03-25-2006, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I try to be open minded, but there are aspects of some religions that under any analysis I can undertake, I just feel are "wrong" on any normal binary "right/wrong" scale. The notion that homosexuality is something that needs to be cured is one of those things.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) He said "Ask me about homosexuality".

2) Everyone asked him how he was a "former" gay person.

3) he said he changed, that it wasn't a biological thing.

4) you want him to be banned.

Does not follow train of logic, but it is a private site. Up to 2p2 i guess.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bwana,

We apparently have different standards on bigotry. I have a really hard time buying that you don't see it.

[/ QUOTE ] \

i would consider what the OP has written as extremely misguided and uneducated but it doesnt seem bigoted or "hateful" to use my term which i think accompanies bigotry.

bwana
Old 03-25-2006, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bwana,

Blarg,

If you feel like you can define what the OP did simply as expressing fundamentalist christian beliefs, which isn't how I'd define it... Then yes, I'm ok banning him for being a Fundamentalist Christain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greater understanding never comes from shutting off discussion.

Now, the chance for anybody to learn a thing or profit in any way has been eliminated.

If beliefs are misguided, surely the best way to change that is through open, mature discussion. What we got instead was a fellow shouted down and shut up.

If he would benefit by changing his mind, or needs to learn anything, we've just insured that he won't learn it here, and shown him that we're not reasonable men, nor up to the task. Somehow, I don't think that's a good way of persuading anyone of anything.

If our ideas are worth having, they can take a challenge. Especially from ideas we forcefully insist are quite weak. OOT today, if anything, showed me in this thread that it was afraid.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:30 AM

So I've read this entire thread and I'm confused on where the bigotry lies. OP may have views (and experiences)that are different than my own but he has a right to speak them. He opened this thread up as a Q&A discussion (similar to ask Bisonbison) and was blasted from the get go. Apparently, the term 'forum' means if you have any sort of conservative views that could possibly differ from someone else's than STFU and get out. Anyway, I was surprised that the two people that seemed to get the most pissed and act the most childish (and that's by OOT standards, home of the poop polls) were two long time and much respected posters. Anyway, that's it, I'm just dissapointed with the direction OOT took tonight, it was a mistake.

Peace (or whatever you interpret it as),
Justin