Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: He called you with Jack high? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thr

My new best friend.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (22.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 30.25 BB

Results:
Hero has Kc Ac (straight flush, ace high).
Button has Ah As (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 30.25 BB.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:10 PM

so I just dropped 40BB in like 2 hrs. yay!

so cold decked right now
Old 07-11-2005, 07:26 PM

I think both BB (AKA, Corporal Cold Call) and Button should be your friends [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 07-11-2005, 07:28 PM

2/4 live in AC. This guy sits down at the table, maybe his first hand.

Board on the river:
2TK2A

The new guy and a conservative player get into a raising war. Keep in mind, this is 2/4. By the time they get up to about $30 per person, the new guy says, "If you've got the boat..." and raises again.

They get up to around $50 per person. At this point, the new guy is getting confused about the raising, having to ask how much it is to raise. Everyone at the table is laughing. Had the dealer allowed it, the new guy would have just pushed all his chips in to circumvent the raise-raise action. Finally, new guy calls, which he later says is only because everyone was laughing at him so he figured something was up, and he was getting confused with all the raising.

Conservative guy, obviously, shows 22 for quads. New guy shows QJ for the nut straight. He justifies himself by saying, "I was new to the table. I thought maybe he was just trying to make a move on the new guy." Quads never entered his mind. "I was thinking, 'What, did he call with K2?'"

The rest of the night was spent laughing about that hand. Every new person that sat down: "Be careful! At this table, straights beat four-of-a-kind." 4-flush on the board, "I'm not worried, I've got a straight." Good times... good times.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: He called you with Jack high? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thread)

This may be too NC even for this thread but....

I cashed out my PokerStars account and bought PokerTracker and a new computer!!!!

(My system was 5 years old and had been giving me nightmares when I tried to play online for more than 2 hours continuously. I stopped playing in any MTTs, because I would have to stop and cold reboot and get blinded out. There was no point in buying PT because I couldn't use it and Stars/Party/UltimateBet at the same time without freezing everything up.)

So, although I did finally reach enough bankroll to take a shot at 1/2, I will be plodding along at .5/1 for a while longer.

It's okay though, I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my new computer!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:59 AM

Donk donk donk.

Party Poker .5/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Heroine is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="red">Heroine raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Heroine bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Heroine bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, Heroine folds the damn straight!.

Final Pot: Some humble pie (and 8.5 BB)

[/ QUOTE ]
Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Heroine is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Heroine checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="red">Heroine bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Heroine checks, <font color="red">CO bets</font>, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Heroine calls, CO calls.

River: (10 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">Heroine donkbets a four-card straight, thinking she has the goods!</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11.25BB and some idiocy from Heroine

Sometimes I wonder how I ever win money playing poker.

-K
Old 07-12-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Donkeys always draw -- to quads!

Donk is hero in this hand (or vice versa). This hand demonstrates what one should do when dominated by aces preflop and dominated by a set of tens on the turn. All you need to do is hit a one-outer and drag a huge pot.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Donk is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Donk raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Donk caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Donk raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Donk calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Donk raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Donk caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (22.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Donk bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Donk 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

SB shows AA
BB shows TT
Donk shows 44 for quad fours

Final Pot: 31.50 BB
Old 07-12-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Donkeys always draw -- to quads!

I saw a hand last night where the board was...

QQQQx

Three players saw the turn and all of them raised in turn until it was capped. Same action on the river. Only two of them had an A. The guy without the A was responsible for three of the raises.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so I just dropped 40BB in like 2 hrs. yay!

so cold decked right now

[/ QUOTE ]

I dropped 87 in less than 1hr, feel better?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:42 PM

Maniac at Saturday about 4 AM at .5/1. Came and went a few times, saw him blow thru about 100$ in maybe 15 minutes at one point. Everyone was trying to raise to isolate him, and no one else was having it, so the pots got huge quickly. Everyone made money off this guy, even beginners were catching on and capping the river w/ 22 against him. Here's an example: Maniac is SB, it's 5 handed, UTG just posted blind. Maniac raises pre-flop and usually on any street pretty much whenever he's raised by someone else. Here he's the SB, UTG posted blind, button is just cold calling because he knows I'm trying to isolate the maniac and probably has a half-decent hand himself. My only regret here is maniac ran out of chips.

Regarding my own play, all I can say is, Kids, don't try this at home, and reads are important.

THE_VIBESMAN - Pocket [8h,Kh]
UTG - Checks, THE_VIBESMAN - Raises, Button - Calls, Maniac - Raises, BB - Folds, UTG - Folds, THE_VIBESMAN - Calls, Button - Calls
*** FLOP [5d,8c,9h] ***
Maniac - Bets, THE_VIBESMAN - Raises, Button - Folds, Maniac - Raises, THE_VIBESMAN - Raises, Maniac - Calls
*** TURN [5d,8c,9h,8s] ***
Maniac - Bets, THE_VIBESMAN - Raises, Maniac - All-In(Raise)THE_VIBESMAN - Calls
*** RIVER [5d,8c,9h,8s,4c] ***
Maniac - Show cards [7d,Ah]
THE_VIBESMAN - Show cards [8h,Kh]