Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2006, 05:25 AM

Default QQ, multiway, turn donk

MP and BB are both major LAGtards, capping preflop quite light, and donking and raising with little or no piece of the flop

CO is loose and somewhat passive, 53/2/1.4

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ...

I think arguments can be made for all 3 options.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:28 AM

Default Re: QQ, multiway, turn donk

Gotta give it up. If you're ahead there are a bunch of cards you have to dodge on the river, and I don't see you being good often.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:30 AM

Ahh this really has me torn. I will say that a 1.4 AF with a 53 Vpip is actually decently aggressive. For this, I'm considering raising for a free showdown, folding to a turn 3-bet or river donk. I agree that a case could be made for all 3 options and I'm curious on other people's thoughts.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:30 AM

i don't know if i could make this fold. the pot is huge and a 1.4 AF isn't all that passive.
it's definitely a tough spot, but i lean more towards raising to drive out low spades.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:07 AM

I also would find it hard to fold here. As previous posters have stated, 1.4 isn't really passive. This turn donk could easily be the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Therefore, raising to get small spades out doesn't really seem right to me. If a spade comes on the river, we would be toast anyway. The CO will almost always have a K or a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. This might be too passive, but I think I would be inclined to call the turn, and call on the river if anything but an A or a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comes.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also would find it hard to fold here. As previous posters have stated, 1.4 isn't really passive. This turn donk could easily be the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Therefore, raising to get small spades out doesn't really seem right to me. If a spade comes on the river, we would be toast anyway. The CO will almost always have a K or a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. This might be too passive, but I think I would be inclined to call the turn, and call on the river if anything but an A or a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

A raise will also knock out possible 4-5 outers as well, and it's not like we're losing anymore if we are behind than we would've if we just called down. Granted, the times we get 3-bet we won't be able to see a river as we would've if we had just called. However, with only 1 effective out, I don't see this as much of a problem.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:48 AM

Fold looks ok to me
Old 01-04-2006, 07:50 AM

This is one of those situations that is close enough not to lose sleep over, as long as you don't CALL.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A raise will also knock out possible 4-5 outers as well, and it's not like we're losing anymore if we are behind than we would've if we just called down. Granted, the times we get 3-bet we won't be able to see a river as we would've if we had just called. However, with only 1 effective out, I don't see this as much of a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, calling is bad. Fold or raise? I don't know. It would feel really awful to lose this pot to an unimproved A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but on the other hand, CO:s most likely holding is a king, and when he doesn't have it, he almost certainly has a spade.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CO is loose and somewhat passive, 53/2/1.4

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this guy is fairly aggresive, especially concerning his VPIP. I give it a raise, costs just as much as calling down, fold to a 3-bet. This pot is large and I want it.