Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2006, 10:17 PM

Default Flopped my set, but the board is monotone...

I'm curious how people play similar situations. I'll show the following hand to demonstrate...

Party 200 6-max

Hero ($371) raises UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 ($209), who plays TAG and and has been very aggressive on the flop, but hasn't been getting involved in big pots, calls. Everyone else folds.

Flop ($19) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet pot. Villain raises to $75. I push.

There are two other ways to play this, I think, but I don't like either of them. One, I could bet out like I did but only call the flop raise, hope for the board to pair and check turn to see if villain goes all in on the turn. I hate that play because I'm giving up $56 dollars to basically concede the hand. The other option is to fold to this flop raise, but that seems way to weak, especially if i think it's possible for villain to have 22, top pair with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] kicker, or even two pair. Does anybody play it differently?