Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 02:11 AM

Default Re: ATo Big Pot

EP I fold, MP I raise.

I fold this flop without thinking about it.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:20 AM

BB smooth calls 2, then raises the flop against BOTH preflop raisers...you're good here, like, never.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:38 AM

: toxic grunch :

Blimey.

I feel the correct thing to do is to step aside (fold). But whether I'd have the strength (or the correct strength of weakness) for that I don't know.

The pre-flop/ flop action leaves one a bit uncomfortable with holding ATo.

There just seems to be too many things that could have gone wrong by this point and few things that can go right; with you paying a lot to find out either way.

I might grunch differently if I knew what FCP meant [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I worry other posts will say you can't really fold this and that I'm once again coming out weak. It's just that I have a horrible feeling it will get capped if you call 2 cold.

Fold: Could easily be up against AKo or QQ.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:42 AM

G-runch:

Despite my hatred of A10o in anything earlier than the late position, I still raise this. With 4 players left to act, this is a situation to raise. When you get three bet it says "danger" to me, but I still call. On this flop, I check. My kicker is meh, and I've been three bet PF. It looks like you would have been raised and reraise anyway, so a fold on the flop is goot.

edit: upon reading responses, I have to say that a three bet PF doesn't neccessarily mean your Ace is no good. I just mean that with two other players in, one of whom cold called and then raised, it doesn't look positive to call/raise here.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:58 AM

Hero is three off the button. This PF raise is absolutely standard.

The question on the flop action is fold or 3-bet. The arguments for folding have been made. Anybody see any reason to 3-bet here?
Old 03-22-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is three off the button. This PF raise is absolutely standard.

The question on the flop action is fold or 3-bet. The arguments for folding have been made. Anybody see any reason to 3-bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally think fold>cold call>3-bet
Old 03-22-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

8 handed, after a couple folds, raise it up.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:33 PM

:grunch:

I'm gonna play ATo in MP, but I'm not going to raise with it -- it's not that good. <-- (Edited below)

Post flop, when I have the SB betting out of position (not to mention that he raised pre-flop) and an early player raising the SB's bet (knowing of course that the SB raised pre-flop), I'm getting out of this hand on the flop. WAY too much chance someone has AT LEAST an Ace with better kicker.

(Now I'll read what everyone else said...if you don't see this edited in a few minutes, I stand by it.)

After reading others' posts, I wouldn't change anything. But after simply thinking about it a little more, depending on the type of table I'm at, I might raise pre-flop as well. It would depend. I checked my favorite pre-flop charts, and Hilger calls for raising in MP if first in. Miller just has you calling. So it seems either is reasonable. Again, it would probably depend on my mood and how I felt about the table type (loose vs. tight / weak vs. aggressive)

Edited again: doh! If I would pay more attention...since there's only 8 players and not 10, yes, I'd raise pre-flop. I'd still fold post-flop.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given the preflop action I doubt your ace is good, which gives us something like 4-5 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of legitimate 3bet hands that don't include an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

But do the owners of those hands then bet out in 1st position when there's an Ace on the flop with 2 people behind him (perhaps, as a continuation bet, but I'd say it's 50/50) or do they then raise a bet on the flop with an Ace on board (as the BB did)?

It could happen, but given the pot size, I'd just fold and not risk it. Ain't worth it.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna play ATo in MP, but I'm not going to raise with it -- it's not that good. <-- (Edited below)

Edited again: doh! If I would pay more attention...since there's only 8 players and not 10, yes, I'd raise pre-flop. I'd still fold post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you open an unopened pot? I try to let my hand deceide, the earlier I am I'll tend to raise with broadway cards, and limp with smaller suited connectors, basically if I have a hand like 78s that plays well multiway I'll limp (to encourage other limpers to make me donations), if I have case in point ATo I'll raise to drive away most hands.

The later my position the more I'll tend to raise with everything (and sometimes anything) as a steal.

Here I'd open with the raise too, and call it 1 bet back to me. I hate that flop, hate the action to me. Easy lay down.