Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guy has not made a move the entire session and has won like every pot as well as showed down some big hands. I'm very suprised Doyle called (what hand did he put Guy on?). I don't think Guy is a good player but I think it was a good spot to pull a big bluff off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to watch the episodes again. Guy made a dumb CR against Gold earlier. He also showed down some very weak hands that just happened to catch a card.

[/ QUOTE ]

He made a dumb check raise bc of the structure of the board but he still had an overpair.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:42 PM

Come on barryg1, what did you fold preflop in the Brunson v. Guy hand?? AJ maybe? small 2pr hand?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on barryg1, what did you fold preflop in the Brunson v. Guy hand?? AJ maybe? small 2pr hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had Ace-Deuce of Spades. If the pot stayed small until the turn, which it would have without Doyle getting steamed up, I may have been forced to go all-in on the turn with my Aces up. I think I only had about 250k when the hand started.

As it played out, I thought Doyle had Ace-King and I thought Guy had him beat. Doyle wouldn't have called Guy's raise without the flush draw, but he might not have made a bet that gets him potstuck without it either.

When I said that Jamie lost the minimum to my quads, I wasn't just saying it to make Jamie feel good. I was seriously sick about it. I had no cards to this point and I finally had a chance to win a big pot.

My only big preflop hand comes after this. (I assume this will be shown on one of the upcoming episodes.) I had Kings. It happpened a long time ago, but I think the action goes like this: Someone raises in and I made it 10k and Antonio makes it 50k. This may be the first hand Antonio had played since four hours earlier when he flopped the set of Aces against me. I had between 250k and 300k at the start of the hand.

Barry
Old 11-27-2007, 06:08 PM

wow 4 hours, that doesn't even sound like an exaggeration either. Why is Antonio playing so tight, I thought he was a loose-aggressive player or is that just tournament?

the hand is in next episode, lots of limps, Barry makes the "Barry play" with a real hand to 24k, Antonio pops it to 73k, thinking it's one of these plays.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:17 PM

How did Barry lose money in that Barry in that doyle vs g hand? We didnt even see his cards
Old 11-27-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did Barry lose money in that Barry in that doyle vs g hand? We didnt even see his cards

[/ QUOTE ]

look 2 posts up and see barrys response.... donkey.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My only big preflop hand comes after this. (I assume this will be shown on one of the upcoming episodes.) I had Kings. It happpened a long time ago, but I think the action goes like this: Someone raises in and I made it 10k and Antonio makes it 50k. This may be the first hand Antonio had played since four hours earlier when he flopped the set of Aces against me. I had between 250k and 300k at the start of the hand.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on the next episode
Old 11-27-2007, 03:08 PM

guy came over as the noob, but i m not 100% sure about it...
if you argue that he plays on his reading skills, cause he can survive a $1 Mil. loss easily, he could ve read Doyle as not strong enough to call basically all-in, which was actually correct. Doyle just outplayed him cause he had an even better read, lol! (...everyone who says it s an easy call for Doyle is just a huge fish himself, AT and a flushdraw on the turn, lol, he doesnt beat much with that unless his flush hits with ONE card to come... He could already be the huge underdog vs. a set, 2 pair...)
Against Sammy he read him a strong (as he was!) and lost the minimum, other players would put much more in that pot, esp. vs a (steaming) Sammy, and would ve lost much more, casue Sammy wouldnt have layed his hand down...
so, all in all, not REALLY BAD plays here, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt at least. The commentary at the QQQ hand was just so negative regarding Guy, AJ and Gabe basically berated him on not reraising Sammy with the worse hand and not lose much more, LOL!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:19 PM

no chance doyle was steaming because of he got told about the flush vs flush hand vs jamie just evfore it? then thought "omg the donk had alower flush well now way i let these donks get away again when think they raise for value but are actually bluffing, time to pwn some fish!"

and would doyle call without the flushdraw?

and is guy blyffing or he thinks he has the best ahdn o that this his added straightdraw somehow gave homa huge hand?

anyway sick to have 800K pot with pair vs pair. lays downs a flush but calls without much hesitation with one pair, genious or steam?

edit 2: oh he even said it himself. thats a pretty massive tilt lol
Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 PM

I think Guy took into account that Doyle folded a flush to a big raise and was trying to make him fold. Although Doyle had put in about 150k already making this less likely. If Guy raises 200k on flop with Doyle having only put in 50k, it's a much harder push with AT, no redraw.

This hand and Patrik-Sammy's also help explain the Guy-David hand that happens in next episode.