Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Interesting QQ hand, easy fold?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was the Villian of this hand...I think that this is a very good example of the type of calls people should be making vs LAGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Villain is...VPIP 22, PFR 13, PF agro 2

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is for full ring. Yep.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:20 PM

villain should've pushed the flop w/ jt once raised
Old 03-21-2006, 10:27 PM

Similar hand I played this week. This type of play and reasoning from OP are not as rare as people are making them out to be, IMO. Obviously it's read dependent, but against an aggressive opponent I think we need to make these types of calls.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($2045.41)
BB ($422.09)
UTG ($0)
TWP ($584.90)

Preflop: TWP is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">TWP raises to $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $59</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TWP raises to $240</font>, SB calls $179.

Flop: ($484) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $344.89</font>, TWP calls $344.90 (All-In), SB calls $0.00.

Turn: ($1173.80) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($1173.80) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $1173.80

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Th Tc (two pair, aces and tens).
UTG has (two pair, aces and tens).
TWP has Jc Jd (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: TWP wins $1173.80. </font>

Obviously it is not the exact same situation, but the flop bet and villain's thinking and my call and my thinking are pretty similar.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:28 PM

twp, in your hanbd, once you put that much money in pf (as i assume you thought you had best hand to merit the 3 bet) im not folding any flop. the flop could come a k q and i would call an all in.

also, that is a great flop for your hand.

so what you posted has no correlation to this hand

nice try tho
Old 03-21-2006, 10:30 PM

i knew you would say that. i preempted your remark. the connection to this hand is that he pushed to try to get me to fold and i called because it was obvious he was pushing to try to get me to fold. there is no other reason for the push in either hand. if he wanted a call, he would not push.

obviously sometimes he will push and want a call but it is not enough to make a call incorrect.

fine, [censored] it, i'll remove the hand. posting a similar hand never works. just wanted to strengthen the comment that these pushes are not often strong and it reminded me of this hand from just a day or two ago.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:17 AM

all math and betting analysis aside, there is this intangible quality that poker players have called intuition and in this case part of his read has led to this call, imo, whether you can justify it or not.

~AT
Old 03-22-2006, 12:44 AM

Lyric -

I like this call because of the reasoning you gave and because you hold a big spade.

I like the Push by Villain even more.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all math and betting analysis aside, there is this intangible quality that poker players have called intuition and in this case part of his read has led to this call, imo, whether you can justify it or not.

~AT

[/ QUOTE ]

This just in: poker players sometimes have hunches.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was the Villian of this hand. I had JT and Lyric snapped me off. I think that this is a very good example of the type of calls people should be making vs LAGs. The fact that Lyric understood that I viewed him as tight and bluffable (which i did) is the key to this hand, Lyric is very often ahead in this spot against me. Very good call in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's interesting to see people working metagame on these boards. I don't know that that's what's going on here, but given the earlier (fold) response to this thread I'd think it's possible.