Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Stud H/L 3 to a low straight flush, with cards dead

[ QUOTE ]
thoroughly as standard as possible

(exception: I BI for a full bet 0% of the time. thoughts?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I complete the bring-in in certain tournament scenarios, usually when the completion pot-commits me to go to showdown.

I think that TPFAP suggests that you jam less with draws in tournaments than you would in cash games, so hero might play it more passively on third than he would in a cash game, but on fourth his hand is so ridiculously strong that he should jam.

If seat 3 understands this concept, then hero has reason to worry, because his opponent is representing four to a low flush on fourth (or possibly a set). Since villain raised on third, I am inclined to believe that he either started with three to a straight flush (possibly with one gap) or the ace and another baby club in the hole, if he started with three clubs.

I honestly wouldn't hate it if OP chose to slow down a bit on fifth, especially because this is a tournament. Villain isn't jamming with every possible 7-low that he might hold.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:48 PM

Cap 5th, it will make both the other low and the high check to you on 6 and 7. The money you are raising with is going in the pot anyways and you will likely not end up having to put more money in if you decide to check down. Furthermore, the other low hand may be an idiot with a garbage low or he might have a worse low. Raise and take control of the hand. Its important in this game.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, the other low hand may be an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found that it's usually a mistake in stud games (and in most poker games) to make this sort of assumption as an excuse to be over-aggressive (but not a mistake to use it as an excuse to call down).

Also, I think you're overly optimistic about the other two players checking. I expect Seat 3 to lead on sixth street most of the time if he has a sane range that justifies his aggression.