Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: NL100: AQ w/TPTK in 3bet pot facing turn shove against unknown

I call pre because we have the button and we're closing the action heads-up. Flop I'd raise sometimes because AK is a big part of his range. I dont mind the call in position however. On the turn you beat a bluff, and the rest of his range you either chop or lose. You never scoop against a non-bluff. So I fold.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call pre because we have the button and we're closing the action heads-up. Flop I'd raise sometimes because AK is a big part of his range. I dont mind the call in position however. On the turn you beat a bluff, and the rest of his range you either chop or lose. You never scoop against a non-bluff. So I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a note: we don't have the button, if we did, I'm calling this preflop 100% of the time since he's probably 3-betting a wide range, but hero opened UTG and he 3-bet from the blinds, I /might/ call with AQs, but probably fold that as well unless he's actively shown he doesn't understand position (ie. if I've caught him 3-betting 33 or AT in this spot).
Old 11-26-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a note: we don't have the button, if we did, I'm calling this preflop 100% of the time since he's probably 3-betting a wide range, but hero opened UTG and he 3-bet from the blinds, I /might/ call with AQs, but probably fold that as well unless he's actively shown he doesn't understand position (ie. if I've caught him 3-betting 33 or AT in this spot).

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded the turn. But I'm always at a loss for how to play AQ in a 3bet pot on the button. If I had opened in the button and the BB 3bet, I called and this flop came, is the turn a call? Or still a fold?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded the turn. But I'm always at a loss for how to play AQ in a 3bet pot on the button. If I had opened in the button and the BB 3bet, I called and this flop came, is the turn a call? Or still a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd snapcall and feel good about it, because now your range and his range are a lot wider. Sometimes I'd just raise the flop AI to disguise the times I have a draw.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:45 PM

isn't this a standard call once you call preflop?

i agree you should fold preflop but what flop are you hoping to hit if you fold this?

as played i call and hope he has a bluff/split/KQ, pot odds etc