Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Car Navigation Systems

I'm in the market for a new honda accord and was thinking of maybe getting one with a navigation system [NS]. Does anybody out there have one? Do you like it?

I drive about 20K each year with my Thomas Guide sitting next to me, so I thought it might be safer to have a NS, especially when driving in downtown LA or downtown San Diego.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2006, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Car Navigation Systems

If you need it, they are absolutely amazing. I have one..and I don't need it. If you don't need it they are a complete waste of money. But I know people that have them and travel alot and they swear by them.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:59 PM

I have a 2006 Honda Civic with the new navigation system and it's completely awesome. I doubt that I will ever buy a car again without one.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a 2006 Honda Civic with the new navigation system and it's completely awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have no problems with the voice recognition? You say "Restaurants" and a list of restaurants pops up? Suppose you want a particular chain reastaurant, like Denny's, you just say, "Denny's" and it will guide you to the nearest Denny's? Same thing with a gas station, or a particular brand of gas...say Mobil.

dsm
Old 03-21-2006, 10:30 PM

I have one in my 2005 Jeep GC, love it. I'm dysfunctional with directions. Because of that I would say this device has changed my life more than any other since the internet.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:39 PM

I dont think its that advanced I have a 2005 with the navigation. It is awsome. You program your address and say go home and no matter where you are it will plot your way back to the addres. The voice commands controll the AC and stero also. I never tried it to find a restaturant. I know it had dificulty finding a staples in Queens
Old 03-22-2006, 06:55 AM

My mom drives an RX330 -- originally she didn't want the navigation but it was the only one with the color she wanted, and now our whole family thinks it's awesome that we have it.

I have a 2006 330i, and I really regret not getting navigation.

It's truly an extremely useful feature for every car, although some manufacturers make better NS than others. The Acura TL, as an example, is one of the best in my opinion.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:22 AM

Most of the Honda and Acura are basicly the same system. The RL has a bit more bells and whistles than the Accord and TL,TSX models. The RL has a link with XM satelite radio to give you up to date traffic on your nav. You plot a trip to the Borgata and there is a traffic jam on the turnpike. The nav will reroute its self to get you around the traffic or pile up.

The Honda Pilot for some reson has no voice controlls.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:41 AM

I have a stand-alone Magellan Roadmade 760. It's definitely worthwhile, especially for someone who drives a lot. It doesn't have voice recognition though.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the Honda and Acura are basicly the same system. The RL has a bit more bells and whistles than the Accord and TL,TSX models. The RL has a link with XM satelite radio to give you up to date traffic on your nav. You plot a trip to the Borgata and there is a traffic jam on the turnpike. The nav will reroute its self to get you around the traffic or pile up.

The Honda Pilot for some reson has no voice controlls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want an RL now.