Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Stars $50 - AKs unimproved vs LAG

Villian has been super LAG for a while. Stats are 50%/13%/5.25 AF. He often bets no pair FTR, and will call basically any raise looking to bluff if possible. Obviously i raise AKs, he calls OOP. The flop was bad for me and I was worried if i c-bet he might check raise me with air. Also, if i bet the flop, i'm just making the pot bigger so he make a bigger bluff on the turn or river that i probably can't call.

Also this guy's flop AF is 5.0, but his turn AF is like 11, so i'm a little worried he calls, and then bets into me whatever the turn is, and i have to fold.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($48.45)
Button ($60.70)
SB ($73.25)
BB ($30.05)
UTG ($94.60)
UTG+1 ($55.70)
MP1 ($52.45)
Hero ($57.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

I was hoping to hit a pair, and let him bluff into me on the turn and river, which i would definately call.

Turn: ($4.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

I thought the 9 was actually a good card, because the 9 beats me already so if he has air, he didn't improve. I'm getting great odds to call even with no pair considering he has nothing so much of the time, and my pair outs may still be good.

River: ($8.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $4.5</font>, Hero calls $4.50

The 10 is a pretty bad card, but his 4.5 bet is offering me around 3-1. Again since i've seen him bet air FTR before, i think this is a call right?

Again this might be a terrible line, but my worry was, i c-bet the pot on the flop, he calls any 2, then he bets the pot when the 9 comes off figuring i can't call. Or even if he checks and I check behind, I'm pretty sure he'd bet like $10-$12 on the river 10 and i'd have to fold.

Anyway just wondering what ppl thought of this.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Stars $50 - AKs unimproved vs LAG

This is not the worst call in the world, if your looking for info. Its fairly cheap and I am sure you will be able to get monies back from him later.

I myself play small pots on wiffs with these types also. Just works better for me.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:08 AM

I would call the turn but probably fold the river. I dont really see him betting with air seeing that you raised PF.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:02 AM

The reason i called is i'm assuming he puts me on what i actually have, and i've seen him bet air flop, turn and river, so he must expect me to fold here.

I also noticed that he was calling every raise from everyone at the table, and then betting every time the raiser checked, which usually picked up the pot.

I'm getting 3-1 here. You think there isn't a 25% he has air, considering i've seen him make this play with air several times already? Also maybe seeing me call with A high makes him slow down against me next time.

If anyone is interested i can tell you what he had, not that it changes anything really.