Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Stars 1/2 - QQ in capped pf pot on k high flop

I had this exact situation happen in another post, which i thought was pretty funny.

The initial flop bettor is a terrible donk. 81%/40%/1.75 AF who will bet anything in this spot. The raiser i only have 40 hands on, but he is 20%/10%/1.83 and seems to be at least an ok player.

I figure even though the first guy very likely does not have a k, this is an easy fold right? I was wondering if the presence of a LAG here who almost certainly has nothing changes anything.

I was also wondering, lets pretend the hand went check/, 3 bettor preflop bets, and its' 1 back to me. Do i still fold in a 13 bet pot for 1 bet vs a capper?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-24-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Stars 1/2 - QQ in capped pf pot on k high flop

just bet the flop. you are in no position to get fancy. If UTG Raises and folds out button then im going to SD against this sort of player. Also if the button has half a brain he is raising a wide range against this UTG.

you may behind but your decisions will likely be easier if you bet out. If Im button in this hand Im raising alot of hands that you beat since you showed weakness by checking.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:42 AM

Thanks. I guess it's probably bet/fold if the 3 bettor raises then.

Can i ask 1 more question. Lets say i bet, the donk calls, and the 3 bettor raises. That's a lot of bb's in the pot. Would you peel 1 card off in that situation to see if u hit a set? It would be something like 16-1 plus unless he has kk i will win many big bets. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2007, 05:16 PM

yeah you can be more confident that folding is right when it goes bet/raise/3bet. I'd call a raise by 3 bettor if donk just calls.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:49 PM

After capping preflop, I'd lead this flop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hand plays differently from there.